The Henry and Amelia Nasrallah Center for Neuroscience brings together researchers and clinicians throughout Saint Louis University who share a common interest in the neurosciences.
The center is comprised of 61 members and 18 associate members across six schools/colleges in 27 departments, institutes and centers. Together we foster multi-disciplinary neuroscience research ranging from molecular to clinical studies and promote excellence in undergraduate and graduate neuroscience education.
The center was established following a generous $300,000 endowment from Henry Nasrallah, M.D., chair of SLU's Department of Psychiatry over the past five years, and his wife, Amelia, a research psychologist.
The Center for Neuroscience will advance neuroscience research, education, clinical care and outreach activities across Saint Louis University and the broader St. Louis community. The center will become a pioneering leader in advancing SLU researchers' discoveries in the field of neuroscience that will ultimately have a major impact in patient care and in society.
We believe that we can elevate the Henry and Amelia Nasrallah Center for Neuroscience at Saint Louis University to national visibility and stature through collaborative research, education and clinical programs efforts.
The mission of the Center for Neuroscience is to:
- Provide a unifying structure for a collaborative framework of the multitude of departments across Saint Louis University that composes its neuroscience community.
- Draw from and inform multiple disciplines to unlock the mysteries of normal and abnormal nervous system function that will lead to translational discovery and invention of new approaches to treat nervous system disorders.
- Transform our understanding of the nervous system in health and disease through discoveries that arise from these collaborative efforts.
Affiliated Schools/Colleges and Departments
- Department of Biology
- Department of English
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Clinical Health Sciences
- Department of Communication Science & Disorders
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Office of Technology Management