Visitor Information for Cupples House
Individual Visits to Cupples House
- The Samuel Cupples House is open Tuesday-Saturday, 11am-4pm at 3673 West Pine Mall.
- Admission to the house is free.
- If you wish to have a docent lead tour, you must schedule the tour prior to your visit. * More information below.
- The hours are subject to change during holiday breaks, so please call ahead.
Information for Tour Groups
- Docent-led tours of Cupples House are available by reservation.
- Tuesday through Friday at a cost of $5 per person.
- Tours for more than 30 people will be given in two separate groups during two separate appointment times.
- Further information regarding drop-off and parking will be given at time of scheduling.
For information regarding tours and handicapped access, call 314-977-6631.
Information for School Groups
- Docent-led tours of Cupples House are free of charge for visiting school groups and available by reservation.
- Tours for more than 30 students will be given in two separate groups during two separate appointment times.
- To schedule docent led tours for school groups please call 314-977-6631 or email Fallon Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you wish to visit the house without a tour, you may do so during regular operating hours at zero cost.
The McNamee Gallery is named for Maurice B. McNamee, S.J., 1909-2007, who pioneered the study of Studio Art and Art History at Jesuit universities and who single-handedly preserved and restored the Cupples House. The McNamee Gallery, accessible directly from West Pine Mall and located on the lower level of the Cupples House, is the teaching gallery for Saint Louis University's Studio Art program in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. You can find more information about current and upcoming exhibits here.
External Rentals of Cupples House
Cupples House is no longer available for external rentals.
Directions and Parking
From downtown St. Louis, take I-64/40 to the Grand Boulevard exit. Turn right on Grand Boulevard and go two blocks to Lindell Boulevard. Turn left on Lindell and follow it one block south to Spring Avenue. Cupples House is located on the John F. Connelly Mall next to the Pius XII Memorial Library. It is one block west of Grand and one block south of Lindell.
There is no parking lot for Cupples House. Limited, two-hour metered parking is available on Lindell. Additional parking is available in Saint Louis University's campus parking garages. The Laclede Garage is the closest parking garage with a cost of $2 per hour or $6 per day.
If you are coming in a large vehicle such as a bus you may park in the Fordham Lot of Reinert Hall. Visitors may be dropped off and picked up at the circle drive on Lindell Blvd., behind Pius Library. At the Fordham Lot, vehicles will enter the black gate on the left. Drivers must stay with the vehicle. If you will need to park in the Fordham Lot, arrangements must be made with Fallon Potter at 314-977-6631 Administrative Secretary, prior to the event. The Fordham Lot and Reinert Hall are just south of Forest Park Ave.
Handicapped parking is available in four spots in the circle driveway next to Pius XII Memorial Library, which is accessible from Lindell.
Exit Grand Boulevard Station. Walk four blocks north and turn left at the campus entrance nearest DuBourg Hall. Cupples House is ahead on the right.