- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- B.S. in Aviation Management
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.A. in General Studies
- B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
- B.A. in Organizational Studies
- B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Technology
- B.S. in Security and Strategic Intelligence
- B.S. in Social Work
- Contract Degree Option
- Core Curriculum
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
Online RN to BSN Program - Nursing Degree at Saint Louis University
The online RN to BSN is designed for busy adults like you who wish to continue their nursing education at Saint Louis University.
This online RN to BSN program is designed to meet the needs of Registered Nurses (RNs) who wish to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). Why choose SLU? Saint Louis University is now accepting even more transfer credits for prior learning so you can earn your BSN degree faster.
Our online RN to BSN nursing program is available in an online format and offered in collaboration between the School for Professional Studies and the School of Nursing at SLU. All courses offered through Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies are in an accelerated format designed for busy adults, with online and evening classes.
It's your turn to experience the SLU difference! Unique features of this online RN to BSN program include:
- Jesuit tradition of excellence
- Fully online courses
- No waiting list and you can enroll during any of the five start dates each year
- Up to 38 credit hours noted for prior nursing course work and licensure as an RN
- Up to 64 credit hours earned at an accredited community college, school or university may be awarded toward the bachelor's degree (A minimum of 30 credit hours must be earned at SLU)
Earn your BSN with Saint Louis University
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies in accordance with SPS guidelines. They will then take up to 55 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After successful completion (C- or higher) of the SPS pre-nursing core courses, the student will transfer to the School of Nursing as a RN to BSN program major. Here, the student will complete the remaining nursing degree courses and elective courses to obtain their BSN degree.
Please note that tuition rates may vary by school within the University. Ask your Admissions Counselor about tuition when you transfer to the School of Nursing. Saint Louis University partners with several St. Louis area health care providers to offer its employees discounted tuition rates. Ask your employer if SLU is an educational partner for our RN to BSN program.
Upon transfer to the School of Nursing, students will need to complete a criminal background check, HIPAA and blood-bourne pathogen training. Also, students will need to submit documentation of current CPR certification, influenza vaccination, TB testing and other information prior to starting the community project course. For the community project course, students complete a community project with a preceptor in their community.
Nurses comprise the largest healthcare occupation in the U.S. Learn more about the careers for graduates with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing Degree from Saint Louis University.
RN to BSN Admission Criteria:
- Age Restrictions: None
- Work Experience as an RN: None
- Education: Associate degree or diploma in Nursing from a program approved by a U.S. State Board of Nursing or with a nursing degree approved by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Interview: Successful completion of an admission meeting with an admissions counselor. This can be done over the phone or at one of our campus sites.
- Grade Point Average: A minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- RN to BSN students must have successfully passed the U.S. National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX Exam) and be licensed as an RN by a State Board of Nursing to progress to the nursing courses.
|RN to BSN
Saint Louis University currently accepts applications to the RN to BSN program from those who reside in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. When considering an out-of-state online program, the applicant should check with his/her State Board of Nursing and Department of Education regarding regulations pertaining to professional education outside their state.
Courses for B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN