- Study Abroad Financial Aid & Scholarship Information
Study Abroad Financial Aid & Scholarship Information
SLU Financial Aid and Scholarship Policy for Study Abroad Students:
- SLU academic tuition scholarships, federal loans and grants do apply to SLU-approved semester and year study abroad programs (not summer). Athletic scholarships do not apply.
- Tuition Remission, Tuition Exchange and FACHEX only apply towards the SLU Madrid campus.
- SLU scholarships do not apply toward non-SLU-approved programs; other aid, however, may apply.
- Study abroad program expenses will be billed directly by Saint Louis University.
- If you have any questions regarding your aid for a study abroad program, please contact Student Financial Services for additional information.
2015-2016 SLU Approved Study Abroad Program Fees
Developing a realistic budget for your semester or year abroad will assure that you maintain the funds to last throughout your study abroad experience. In addition to reviewing the study abroad program cost, it is important to prioritize your additional personal expenses, including optional excursions, independent travel and other social activities. The Study Abroad Budget Worksheet is designed to help you estimate the costs of your study abroad experience.
Please note that the additional expenses, other than the standard program fee, vary greatly based on individual student expectations, the cost of living in your host city, and the exchange rate. It is important to research the cost of living in your host city and country to effectively budget for optional excursions, independent travel, and other social activities.
We recommend contacting recent study abroad returnees to gather additional information on realistic budget expectations.
Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities:
There are a number of external scholarship opportunities funded by independent organizations with a dedicated interest in promoting global education.
The scholarships listed below are by no means an exhaustive list, but provide a starting point for students interested in seeking external scholarship opportunities.
The scholarships are divided into the following categories:
- General Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- Program Specific Scholarship Opportunities
- Language or Region Specific Scholarship Opportunities
- Study Abroad Scholarship Databases
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the
Study Abroad Office.
Saint Louis University Office of Competitive Fellowships and Scholarships
The office of competitive fellowships and scholarships provides information about, advice, and support for undergraduates and recent graduates interested in applying for national and international scholarships, fellowships, and other funding opportunities, including: Fulbright Grants, Gates-Cambridge Scholarship, Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Arts Award, Marshal Scholarship, Mitchell Scholarship, Rhodes Scholarship and others.