- College Credit and Continuing Education
GET AHEAD WITH AN IMMERSIVE BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
Summer isn't just good for catching up on all the sleep you lost during the school year, it's a great time to get ahead in your coursework.
As a rising high school junior or senior, spending part of your summer taking a class at Saint Louis University will give you the edge and experience you need to be successful. We are offering you an opportunity to jump-start your preparation for a career in health sciences by taking a college credit course this summer:
July 3 - August 13, 9-11 am
PPY 2540, Introduction to Human Physiology (4 credits)
- Taught by Saint Louis University professors on SLU's School of Medicine campus
- Two-hours of lecture per day, weekly homework, exams and optional reviews
As an extra value-added, the class will also include specialized tutorials on:
- Selecting an undergraduate major/minor
- Choosing colleges to match your interests and budget
- Soliciting and securing letters of recommendation
- Composing and editing college application essays
- Enriching college with research, volunteerism and shadowing
- Preparing for graduate and medical school
- Understanding the purpose and format of the GRE and MCAT
This course is available to rising high school juniors and seniors through the Visiting Young Scholars Program. The Visiting Young Scholars Program allows outstanding rising high school juniors and seniors to earn nationally transferable transcripted college credit from Saint Louis University, access to SLU community resources, such as advising and library access, and enroll in courses at a reduced tuition rate. Set yourself apart from your peers with this distinct honor and save time and money before even applying to colleges.
Tuition for this course will be $1400 ($350/credit hour).
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 20
Saint Louis University's Visiting Young Scholars (VYS) Program is a dual enrollment opportunity that provides a select group of current high school students to begin their college experience in regular lower division Saint Louis University classes on the SLU campus, prior to high school graduation.
Saint Louis University is excited to offer a special summer session of Physiology at a reduced tuition rate for prospective VYS students.
For information or help with the application process, please contact the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program at (314) 977-3142 or email@example.com.
Interested in Applying to SLU?
Take the next step to get ahead and complete an application for admission and scholarships at admissions.slu.edu.