- Women of the Year
Women of the Year
Saint Louis University Women of the Year for 2018
Call for Nominations
Since 1977, the Saint Louis University Women's Commission has had the privilege of selecting five outstanding University women to be honored at an annual springtime luncheon. The five honorees, from administrators, faculty, staff and students are recognized for their contributions, commitment and lives of service to the University and their community. They are selected from nominations submitted by colleagues, friends, supervisors and others whose lives they have touched.
This year's luncheon will be held on April 25, 2018 at noon in the Wool Ballroom in Busch Student Center. Everyone is invited and encouraged to nominate an outstanding woman from Saint Louis University to be recognized as one of the five Women of the Year, an honor to be cherished.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- A typed letter of nomination should follow the criteria for selection listed below, and be approximately 1,000 words. Bullet points are acceptable.
- The nomination must be signed and include the name and contact information of the nominee.
- To nominate more than one individual, it is necessary to submit separate letters.
- The number of letters for a single individual is not a factor in the selection process.
Criteria for selection (include in nomination letter):
- Give evidence of her commitment to Saint Louis University's philosophy, measured by the quality and diversity of her service, her work ethic and integrity.
- List how she has been recognized and honored for her personal and professional achievements. (Please list awards, honors, and distinctions she has received and significant contributions she has made.)
- Give evidence of her sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, at all levels.
- Give evidence how she is a "person for others" in the Ignatian tradition, both on campus and in the community.
- Give evidence of how she fosters the personal and professional development of women at SLU and within the community.
- Years of Service (for SLU faculty or staff): The nominee must be an employee at Saint Louis University for at least five years.
Women who have been selected previously for this honor are not eligible. You can find a list of past honorees on the SLU Women's Commission website.
Letters of nomination should be sent to Kellisa Lyn Fiala, Women's Commission Awards Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2018.