- Clery Report, Log, and Policy
Campus Alerts & Access to the Daily Crime Log
Click to access the Daily Crime Log
May 16, 2015
At approximately 3 p.m. today, DPS officers patrolling the Medical Center heard what sounded like gunshots near Grand Boulevard and Park Avenue. The officers responded and spoke with witnesses who observed an unknown suspect in a white Pontiac with Missouri plates attempt to shoot a pedestrian. The vehicle then proceeded north on Grand out of the area. The pedestrian, who did not appear to be injured, fled east on Vista Avenue.
At this time, there is no indication that anyone involved in the incident is affiliated with the University.
The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department has been called and is investigating. DPS has increased its patrols in and around the area.
In light of this incident, DPS would like to remind you of some important safety tips:
If you are the victim of a crime, call DPS at 314-977-3000 or 911 immediately.
• Always remain alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Avoid being distracted by use of your cell phone or other portable devices.
• Scan parking lots, sidewalks and streets for suspicious persons and activity.
• If you see a suspicious person or activity, call DPS at 314-977-3000 or 911 right away.
• If you are involved in an incident, try to make a mental note of the distinguishing characteristics and mannerisms of the suspect.
• Focus on the one closest to you if more than one suspect is involved.
• Try to note the direction of travel of the suspect(s) from the scene of the incident.
For other crime prevention tips and safety information, visit the DPS website athttp://www.slu.edu/x22899.xml.
Thank you and stay safe,
Assistant Vice President and Director