All residence hall students should plan to attend their posted floor meetings to get additional information about moving out.
- Please remember that you should check out of the building within 24 hours after your last final or by Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 8:00 p.m., whichever comes first.
- You must make a check out appointment with a Residence Life staff member no less than 24 hours in advance of your desired check out time. Look for appointment sign-up information on your floor or in your area, which will be posted by April 21, 2014.
- If leaving the university (graduating or not coming back) your mailbox key should be returned directly to Student Mail Services. They can be contacted at at (314)977-1128 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cannot checkout within 24 hours of your last final or by Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 8:00p.m., you must submit a written request for an extension to your Hall Coordinator by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 2, 2014. They will review your request and respond with either an approval or denial, based on established criteria. Extensions cannot go beyond 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, 2014, with the exception of students with commencement related responsibilities, transitioning to summer housing, or athletic teams still in competition which cannot go beyond 12:00 p.m. Sunday, May 18, 2014.
Below is a list of the most common situations which may warrant an extension and the supporting documentation needed.
Reasons for Exceptions
- Students with finals beginning at noon or later, on the last day, Tuesday, May 13 (listed on syllabus or professor's letter)
- Graduation. Students must have applied for graduation through the Registrars Office, or be involved with a university group function that supports graduation.
- Students completing an internship for academic credit (provide letter from academic advisor)
- People involved in room change (summer housing or 12 month Village housing)
- International flights/outside the continental U.S. (provide copy of flight ticket)
- Families with two or more college students at different institutions moving out on the same day (provide other university's move-out letter or a print-out from university's website)
- Campus departments and offices directly related to closing the campus (written request must be submitted from the Department to the student's Residence Hall Coordinator)
- Medical issues (requires written request from a doctor at the Student Health and Counseling Center)
- Unforeseeable events
- Dangerous weather
- Any Student who is requesting an extension because of a disability should make this request to their Residence Hall Coordinator and should have made contact with the Student Disability Services Office.