Department of Pathology
- a confocal microscope image analysis laboratory
- transmission and scanning electron microscopes
- fluorescence microscopy
- flow cytometry
- tissue culture labs
- video image analysis
- centrifuges, lyophilizers, scintillation and gamma counters, HPLCs, GCs
- a transgenic mouse facility
- amino acid microsequencer
- DNA sequencing facilities
Excellent library facilities are also available. Departmental faculty maintain research collaborations with colleagues in the academic and industrial community which further broadens opportunities and exposure to technical skills and research expertise for graduate students. The department stresses close interactions among student, mentor and graduate steering committee to foster the intellectual and scientific growth of each student.
We occupy one floor of Saint Louis University Hospital and also have research facilities in the School of Medicine, Doisy Research Center, and in SSM Cardinal Glennon Medical Center.