About the Saint Louis University Provost Search
Provost Search Announcements
Entering a new era under the leadership of President Fred R. Pestello, Saint Louis University (SLU) seeks an ambitious and distinguished leader to serve as provost and to enhance SLU’s academic programs and its Jesuit mission of pursuing truth for the greater glory of God and for the service of humanity. President Pestello has appointed a search committee and charged it with the responsibility for conducting the search for the new provost.
Prior to the launch of the search, the committee hosted a series of open fora with faculty, students, and staff to obtain the views of these stakeholders on the role of the new provost and the opportunities and the challenges that we expect our new provost to address. Additional views and feedback have been obtained through SLU’s broadly inclusive and ongoing strategic planning process. As a result of these conversations, the committee has created a Position Profile to inform applicants and to assist the committee in identifying and recruiting candidates.
Meet the Finalists at an Open Forum
Dr. Daniel F. Mahony
- January 21, Wednesday, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Busch Student Center, Room 251A
- January 22, Thursday, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. at the Medical Campus, Learning Resources Center, Rooms 110-111
Dr. John Wiencek
- February 9, Monday, from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Busch Student Center, Room 171
- February 10, Tuesday, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at the Medical Campus, Learning Resources Center, Rooms 107-108
Dr. Darrell Radson
- February 17, Tuesday from 2:00 to 3:15 p.m. at Busch Student Center, room 256
- February 18, Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:45 at the Medical Campus, Learning Resources Center, Pitlyk Auditorium C.
Dr. Nancy Brickhouse
- February 19, Thursday from 2:00 to 3:15 at the Busch Student Center, room 256
- February 20, Friday from 2:15 to 3:30, at the Medical Campus, Learning Resources Center, rooms 110-111.
Provost Search Committee
Prof. Doug Williams, Chair
Professor of Law
President-Elect of the Faculty Senate
Dr. Richard Buhler, S.J.
Trustee and Superior of the Jesuit Hall Community
Dr. Keith Elder
Professor and Chair of Health Management and Policy
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Mr. Tommy English
SGA Academic Vice President
Prof. Jim Ginther
Professor and Chair of Theological Studies
College of Arts and Sciences
Mr. David Hakanson
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Information Technology Services
Dr. Donna LaVoie
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Gerrie Meyer Associate
School of Nursing
Dr. Nikki Murdick
Professor of Educational Studies
College of Education and Public Service
Dr. Scott Safranski
Interim Dean and Associate Professor
Cook School of Business
Ms. Cari Wickliffe
Assistant Vice President
Enrollment and Retention Management
Provost Search Process and Timeline
Nominations, Applications, Inquiries
The provost search committee will begin a review of applicants immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by Friday, December 12, 2014, and include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and five professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the candidate. Applications should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Louis University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
The search committee welcomes comments from faculty, students, and staff. Comments may be submitted to the search committee at email@example.com.