RATE YOUR INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE!!
Share a great or not-so-great experience with your peers!
(click link above, log into your email and be directed to the form)
What is Experiential Education?
Experiential education is the process of actively engaging students in hands-on learning experiences outside of the classroom.
Types of Experiential Education
- Internship - typically a semester or academic year-long experience, allow students a first-hand look at a particular career or industry.
- Co-op - most commonly a full-time, paid experience in which you work for an organization for a six-month or year-long contact
- Practicum Experience - supervised practical application directly associated with an academic program
- Academic or Laboratory Research - experience working on a research project within your academic discipline
- Job Shadowing - following a professional in a career field of interest
- Externship - often offered by educational institutions (i.e. academic hospitals) to give students short practical experiences in their field of study
- Informational Interviews - an interview with a professional in a career field of interest with the goal of gathering information on the field
- Volunteer Work - opportunities vary as related to your career field
- Part-time and Summer Jobs - opportunities vary as related to your career field
Meet our Internship Coordinator!
Claire Chase - Internship Coordinator