Career development is a journey. Wherever you are in the process — from choosing a major to considering graduate school — Career Services offers seminars and one-to-one coaching to help you develop your plans and achieve career success.
A career search starts with self-discovery. There are many paths before you to choose from. While it can be daunting, with discipline and effort you can position yourself to land a rewarding internship, job or offer for graduate study. Follow the steps below to start your journey.
Join us at a career seminar this fall:
- Build a Great Resume from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27, in room 15 of Padre Rubio Hall (Bring your laptop)
- Create your LinkedIn Profile from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4, in room 15 of Padre Rubio Hall
- Using LinkedIn Effectively from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 23, in room 15 of Padre Rubio Hall
- Internship Requirements and Opportunities from 2 to 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30, in room A of San Ignacio Hall
- Using LinkedIn Effectively from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6, in room 15 of Padre Rubio Hall
- Help Wanted: Writing a Cover Letter from 2 to 2:25 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, in room A of San Ignacio Hall
- Keys to a Successful Interview from 2 to 2:25 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, in room A of San Ignacio Hall
- Applying to Graduate School from 2 to 2:25 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 20, in room A of San Ignacio Hall
- Build a Great Resume from 2 to 2:25 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 27, in room A of San Ignacio Hall (Bring your laptop)
- How to Get the Job You Want from 2 to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28, in room A of San Ignacio Hall
Are you interested in taking part in practice interviews? Email Patrice Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
SLU-Madrid graduates succeed. Recent graduates work for businesses and organizations including the United Nations, Chanel, Moody’s, the Peace Corps and Hewlett Packard, and study at top universities worldwide including Columbia University, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, Johns Hopkins, Les Roches, Diplomatic Academy of Vienna and Georgetown Law School.
Explore Your Options
Research major and career options that may suit you. Gain insight from alumni as you explore industries and sectors. Make the most of the resources we offer.
With a job search strategy and your résumé ready to send, it is time to start looking for internship opportunities.
Apply for full-time professional opportunities.
Further Your Education
Considering graduate or professional school? We can help you explore schools and programs and provide advice on applications, personal statements and recommendations.
Launch Your Career
Learn about the working world, create a professional network and transition from college to career.
Career Services Coordinator
San Ignacio Hall, third floor
+91 554 58 58, ext. 241
Patrice Burns serves as the programs liaison and Career Services coordinator, helping students prepare for their professional careers via hands-on workshops and internship experiences. Prior to working at SLU-Madrid, she served as director of Foreign Languages at UW Milwaukee SCE and as a center director at Concordia University. She is a certified ASESCO coach.
She received B.A. in communications and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin and an M.A. in Spanish from Marquette University. She joined the SLU-Madrid staff in 2007.