The Department of Family and Community Medicine provides excellence in clinical and
academic experiences for students and residents interested in becoming leaders in
primary and community-responsive care. Through a full continuum of education, we foster
the best in patient care, research, leadership and community service.
Our mission is to:
- Educate current health professions students and future physicians, family physicians,
and family therapists.
- Provide the highest quality primary care, preventive care and mental health care to
- Improve the health of our communities through population-based and evidence-based
- Deliver cost-effective care by promoting primary care and adherence to best practices.
- Advance the fields of family medicine and medical family therapy through population-based,
primary care and integrated mental health research.
Learn more about the Department of Family and Community Medicine