- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines
- Fuze Meeting Basics
- Fuze Enabled Classrooms
- Comparison of Tegrity and Fuze Meeting
- Campus Pack
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
Fuze provides powerful features to display and share the following with others:
- Your audio, and the audio of your online participants (if enabled)
- Your HD video, and the Rich media content such as HD videos and high-resolution images
- Documents such as PowerPoint presentations and PDF files
- Your computer's entire screen/desktop for demonstrating tools, collaborating with participants on a document or Excel spreadsheet, or whatever your teaching or discussion needs require.
Fuze Meeting, or Fuze, will receive a new and simplified user interface this summer. Mac and iPad users will have early access to the New Fuze upgrade starting in April. The New Fuze upgrade will be available for PC, iPhone, and Android users in June.
Don't Panic! This is an Optional Upgrade
The release of the New Fuze upgrades for Mac, iOS, Android and PC users are NOT mandatory at this time. Fuze Support and SLU ITS will continue to support the current client/app versions throughout the summer and into the fall.
- If you have a Mac, the New Fuze for Mac client is now available on Fuze's Download site. You may be required to uninstall the existing Fuze Client on your Mac before installing the New Fuze client.
- If you have an iPad, the New Fuze for iPad app is now available in the App Store.
- If you have an iPhone or Android device, the New Fuze app will be available by June 20 (date subject to change).
- If you have a PC, the 'General Availability' release of the PC client will be available on June 27 (date subject to change).
Visit the Fuze Download page at www.fuze.com/download to install the currently available Fuze client, or app, for your devices.
Learn More About the New Fuze User Interface
- Attend a Training Session - For basic training on using the New Fuze upgrade features, the Fuze Trainers will be holding online training session in July. The training dates will be posted here once available.
- Watch a Recorded Training Session - For basic training on the New Fuze upgrade features, please click the Fuze recording link below to watch the "Connecting Confidently - The New Fuze" online training session from April, 2014:
- Review the "What's Changed in the New Fuze" Presentation - The presentation covers the basics on the new user interface and compares screenshots of the old Fuze client to the new client. Click here to open the presentation.
The 'New Fuze' upgrade includes new options and improvements, such as:
- New User Interface - Fuze's interface includes an all new Welcome Screen with new features such as editing your Fuze profile or photo, and editing video & audio settings before you enter a meeting.
- Optimized for Video Conferencing - Attendees' video are shown full-screen until you chose to show other content in the meeting, such as a PowerPoint presentation or sharing your desktop. Video of meeting participants will now display across the top of the screen. If no video is shown, attendees can now set up a Profile Photo or Avatar to display.
- Improved Screen Sharing - When sharing your screen, the attendee video will also continue to be displayed to the presenter. The undockable Chat area let's you keep the meeting chat visible while sharing your screen.
- Check Camera/ Mic BEFORE Entering a Meeting - Fuze now lets users select their video/ audio settings before joining a meeting. Users can decide whether to allow their video or just a photo of themselves to be shown to other attendees. Users who opt not to display their video/ photo will see their initials instead.
- New Options for Chat - Private Chat is now easier because it allows you to select an Attendee's Avatar to chat with them. No more embarrassing private comments sent publicly! The Group Chat feature lets you chat with everyone in the meeting as before but now displays the photo of an Attendee next to their message.
- Manage Attendees' Audio - The Fuze Attendees List has been replaced with a new way to manage audio settings. Participants can now mute/un-mute their microphones by clicking on the attendee's video or photo displayed at the top of the screen.
Look for more information on the upgrade features and training opportunities to be released throughout the summer, here at www.slu.edu/fuze.
No request to ITS is required! All SLU faculty, staff and students are able to create their own Fuze account in one of these three ways:
- Download and install the Fuze client from Fuze's website at https://www.fuze.com/download. Launch the app and log in with your SLU email address and password to create or access your Fuze account.
- Log in to mySLU and click on the Tools tab, then click on the Fuze icon to create or access your Fuze account.
- Go to www.fuze.com and click the "Log In" link at the top right corner of the page. Log in with your SLU email address and password to create or access your Fuze account.
Students receive a Premium account. Faculty and staff receive an Enterprise account. The table below lists the features available for each account type.
|Plan Features||Faculty and Staff Accounts
|HD Video Conference||12 Video Feeds||5 Video Feeds|
|Meeting Participants||100 Participants||12 Participants|
|Open "Hostless" Meetings||Available||Available|
|Webinar Mode||125 Participants||Not Available|
* Including Video Conference
|Host Delegate||Up to 2 other Fuze users can start and run the original Host’s meetings||Not Available|
|Fuze Cloud Storage||10 GB||1 GB|
|Internet Calling (VoIP)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)|
|Toll-free and Call-Me Audio Minutes
||240 minutes/month *
|International Audio Minutes||Applicable Rates||Not Available|
* Review the Possible Charges for Audio Connection options section of the Fuze Policies & Guidelines page for details on the potential costs.
** There are situations when a Student may need to host larger online collaboration sessions as part of his/her academic degree requirements, graduate assistant activities, etc. Faculty and Staff can Sponsor a Student and request an Enterprise Fuze account on the student's behalf. Review the Fuze Policies & Guidelines page for more information.[Top of Page]
The best way to be successful when using Fuze is to do a little training, testing, and preparation. Fuze provides different types of training to meet different users' needs:
- Review the Quick Start Guides.
Need to host or attend a meeting in a hurry? Start with the Quick Start Guides to get up and running quickly. Include this link in your Fuze invitations to help attendees easily join your meetings.
- View the On-Demand Tutorials at your own pace.
These 20 minute tutorials are available for PC, Mac, Tablet, and Mobile device users. https://www.fuze.com/fuze-learning/on-demand-tutorials
- Watch a Recorded Training Session.
At your convenience, watch recorded product demonstration by the Fuze Training team.
Have an issue during a meeting? Use the Report a Problem button in the Fuze app to open a ticket with Fuze Support and automatically attach the Fuze log files from your computer.
Any SLU user can contact Fuze's Support Team directly for assistance.
International callers: +1-415-692-4800
|hours:||Fuze's Live Support is available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday|
|web:||Submit and track your questions through Fuze’s online ticketing system.
Click here to submit a ticket to Fuze's Support Team
To request SLU ITS support with Fuze
- Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and hours.
Learn More about Fuze:
Updated: 6/11/2014 MB