- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Campus Pack
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Information for Department Chairs and Deans
- Requesting SurveyDIG for Your Department
- SurveyDIG Access Request Form
- Creating the Course Evaluation Template
- Selecting Which Courses Use the Online Evaluation Form
- Accessing Course Evaluation Reports
- Information for Faculty
- Information for Students
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
Online Course Evaluations - Information for Department Chairs
The SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System, or SurveyDIG, is the University's online course evaluation tool. SurveyDIG provides a secure form which enables students to submit an anonymous course evaluation tool via a link on their schedule in Banner Self-Service.
The evaluation period is automatically calculated based on the section end date for each course. The date range of the evaluation period controls when the online course evaluation link is available to students registered for the course. The default course evaluation period is the 11 days prior to the start of final exams. Students can only submit the evaluation form once during the evaluation period.
In general for Spring 2012 courses, the evaluation period begins April 28, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. and concludes on May 8, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
The evaluation period for each course is displayed:
- For department chairs - on the SurveyDIG Course Selection page in Banner Self-Service;
- For faculty - on the Course Evaluation Status page in Banner Self-Service;
- For students - on the Student Detail Schedule page in Banner Self-Service.
Primary Instructors will receive an automatic e-mail notification one week prior to the start of the evaluation period. The e-mail includes the course name and number of each course using the online evaluation form, the evaluation period for each course, and links to the online instructions for both students and faculty. The primary instructor will receive additional reminder e-mails on the start date of the evaluation period and a few days prior to the end of the evaluation period.
Students will receive an automatic e-mail notification on the start date of the evaluation period. The e-mail includes: a list of courses that the student is registered in that are using the online evaluation form, the deadline for submitting the evaluation, and a link to the instructions for accessing the online evaluation form. If the student has not completed the evaluation for one or more of their courses, a reminder e-mail will automatically be sent a few days prior to the end of the evaluation period.
Support for SurveyDIG
ITS provides SurveyDIG support for SLU faculty, staff and students. Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and contact information.