- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Google Apps
- Google Apps Training and How-to Guides
- Privacy and Policy
- Listserv Technology
- New Google Sign-in Page
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
Google Mail Labs
Google Mail Labs can provide quick shortcuts and enhancements to your slu.edu mail account. Individual features inside of Labs can be enabled or disabled easily:
1. Log in to mail.slu.edu
2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your browser window
3. Select Labs from the drop-down window (If this is your first time viewing Labs, select Mail Settings > Labs.)
An alphabetical list of available Lab features is displayed!
You can enable any feature by simply selecting "Enable" to the right of the feature, and clicking the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.
A few features that many users have enabled include:
- Canned responses allows you to save messages that you send repeatedly and then paste them into outgoing emails with the click of a button! If you enable canned responses, the button will appear anytime you compose a new message. When you compose a message you would like to save for future use, click canned responses > Save > you will be prompted to name your response. To paste the message into a new blank email, click canned responses > select the response you would like to send.
- Inserting images adds an icon to your compose message screen that allows you to easily insert images into outgoing emails.
- Signature tweaks places your signature before the quoted text in a reply, rather than placing your signature at the end of the message thread. This feature also removes the "--" line that usually appears before signatures. Enabling this feature can reduce confusion when you are involved in lengthy conversation threads with a group.
- SMS (text messaging) in chat allows you to send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google chat window to/from a cell phone user.
- Video chat enhancements provides a higher resolution and bigger windows, for students, faculty, and staff who rely on video chat to communicate.
If a Labs feature is unresponsive, and you're having trouble loading your inbox, use https://mail.google.com/mail/?labs=0.
If you have a question about Google Labs or any other campus technology, please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000.