Academic coaches at Saint Louis University are professional staff members within the Student Success Center who are trained to help you improve a wide range of the skills vital to college success.
We can assist with:
Accessing campus resources
After setting up an appointment, you can expect to meet one-on-one weekly with your student success coach over the course of approximately a month. You are encouraged to be an active participant in the learning process. Through reflections, activities and self-assessments, your coach will learn about your academic experiences, current challenges and expectations for coaching. You will then be able to work collaboratively to create a unique plan of action that contributes to your success at SLU.
What to Expect from Student Success Coaching
Because this coaching is individually tailored to your needs, the content of the four to five meetings will vary from person to person, but the first meeting will often include:
- An explanation of student success coaching at SLU and a review of expectations
- A discussion about your reasons for seeking coaching
- Review of your needs assessment/intake form
- Identification of your strengths and areas for improvement
Making an Appointment
- If you are an undergraduate student, use SLU Appointments to schedule a session with a student success coach.
- Graduate students interested in academic coaching should contact Kelly Herbolich, program director of academic support, at email@example.com.
A specialized academic coaching program is also available for students registered with ADD/ADHD. This program accomplishes the same learning outcomes as standard student success coaching, but the coach can offer strategies for managing executive functioning skills. For more information, contact Kelly Herbolich, program director of academic support, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff Referrals
Students who choose to participate in student success coaching are often referred to by faculty and staff members.
If you have a student you feel will benefit from coaching sessions, contact Kelly Herbolich, program director of academic support, at email@example.com or 314-977-2649. The student will receive an email with an introduction to the program, the benefits of attending sessions and instructions on how to schedule an appointment.