The Department of Marketing and Communications develops and protects the corporate image of SLU-Madrid, while promoting the institution's principal values: academic excellence, Jesuit values, the multicultural environment and the cultural offerings and atmosphere of Madrid.
Furthermore, we manage online campaigns across the world, design brochures and other promotional materials, publish on social media platforms and maintain the website. We strive to maintain a corporate image that aligns with the standard of SLU's campus in Missouri across all department projects.
The work of the department focuses on:
- Student recruitment
- Brand awareness and reputation
- Effective communication to internal and external audiences
Director of Marketing and Communications
Ángel García earned an undergraduate degree in graphic design from the Escuela de Artes y Oficios Artísticos de la Comunidad de Madrid. He subsequently pursued several masters degrees and certificates in marketing and design. In 1994 he created his own design firm, Graphic Vision Ltd. His firm has worked with companies such as L'Oreal, Kerastase, Maitours, Edimat Books and even Spain’s Guardia Civil. He joined SLU-Madrid’s marketing and communication team in 2000.
- Licenciatura degree in Graphic Design, Escuela de Artes y Oficios Artísticos de la Comunidad de Madrid
- Masters in Community Management, Marketing and Business Institute
- Certificate in Google Adwords, Marketing and Business Institute
- Masters in Creation and Development of Digital Multimedia Content, Camilo José Cela University
- Masters in Online Marketing, Digital Art and Audiovisual Creation, School of Communication, Sound and Image
Fernando Béjar earned his undergraduate degree in fine arts from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, with a specialization in graphic design. He then continued his studies with a masters degree in marketing and communication, commercial management, advertising, e-commerce and protocol. After working in events planning for companies including Repsol, Real Madrid C.F., YPF, Garnier, Peugeot and Renault, an editor and web designer for Orange (France Telecom), Wanadoo and Eresmas, and a graphic designer for a printing company, he joined SLU-Madrid’s marketing and communication team in 2005.
- Licenciatura degree in Fine Arts (Design), Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Masters in Marketing and Communication, Commercial Management, Advertising, E-Commerce and Protocol, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Formaselect
- Certificate in Audiovisual and Interactive Projects, MacSchool
- Certificate in Social Media and Mobile Marketing, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Certificate in Advanced CSS and Community Manager, Human Development (Plan Avanza)
- Certificate in Creativity Techniques, Universidad de Cantabria (Miriadax)
- Certificate in Advanced Google Analytics, Google Analytics Academy
Digital Marketing Strategist
Katie is originally from Connecticut but has been living in Madrid since 2004. She has a B.A. in Psychology and Spanish from Williams College and an M.A. in Spanish from Middlebury College. As a student, she studied abroad in Ecuador, Costa Rica, Equatorial Guinea and Spain. Katie began as an admissions counselor at SLU-Madrid in 2010 and now works as the digital marketing strategist.
- B.A. Psychology and Spanish, Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- M.A. in Spanish, Middlebury College, Madrid and Middlebury, VT
Refer to the Marketing and Communications webpage for detailed information including:
- Downloads and guidelines for the proper use of the University's graphic image
- Instructions on how to start a project with the help of the Marketing and Communications Department. To request assistance with a design or video project, make changes on the website, or request a photographer to cover an event, fill out the online form.
- The SLU-Madrid Style Guide for writing and usage of University-related terms