Complete the following steps when planning an on-demand continuing medical education event or enduring CME materials at Saint Louis University.
1. Complete the Application Form
Important considerations when applying for a CME event:
- Target audience
- Title, topic or subject matter to be covered
- Draft of the course content, including potential topics and speakers
- Gap analysis data
- Educational objectives relating to the gap and expected educational outcome
- Level of educational outcome for which you are striving
- Preferred date and time
- Preferred location
- Funding sources and budget information
- Anticipated attendance and geographical range for marketing
Completed application forms must include all required signatures, a budget, a course outline, and supporting documentation.
Application for on-demand or enduring material CME events must be made at least one year in advance.
2. Meet to Discuss Scope of Work and Event Planning
The terms of the service agreement will be discussed, as well as planning process guidelines and your event’s timeline.
3. Finalization of Service Agreement
Once we have approved your application, you will be sent a service agreement detailing responsibilities, the scope of work, administrative fees and other terms.
Managed vs. Non-managed
How much involvement will the CME office have?
Sponsored vs. Jointly Sponsored
Sponsored events are solely within SLU, jointly sponsored events involve an outside organization.
Use of our online registration site and presentation review may incur fees.
4. Complete Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Forms
The disclosure form and the validation of content forms are required of all course faculty and planning committee members, including all individuals who may have control over the content of the activity.
Disclosure information must appear in all activity materials, particularly in the printed handout provided prior to the start of your activity.
5. Develop a Participant Roster
Send the Office of Continuing Medical Education a participant roster on a regular basis. The roster must include:
- First and last name
- Date of birth (for ID verification)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Specialty (if available)