SLU-Belize Project Partners
The SLU-Belize Project, in conjunction with Operation Toucan, could not be possible without the generous support of many organizations and communities, from both Belize and Saint Louis University, and beyond. The following are current members of the partnership:
- St. Martin's parish and school, serving 700 youth in grades K-8.
- Ministry of Education, Belize
- St. John's College, Belize City
- Saint Louis University students, faculty, and staff representing the following areas:
- Center for Service and Community Engagement
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Education and Public Service
- College for Public Health and Social Justice
- Department of Campus Ministry
- Doisy College of Health Sciences
- John Cook School of Business and the Service-Leadership Program
- St. Louis community members, including Tom and Maureen Nolan (founder of Access Academies), John Vatterott (of the Vatterott Foundation), and the LaBarge family.
- Central and Southern Province of the Society of Jesus (Fr. Ron Mercier, S.J. - Superior)
A special thank-you to the Divisions of Academic Affairs (Dr. Ellen Harshman), Mission and Ministry (Fr. Paul Stark, S.J.), and Student Development (Dr. Kent Porterfield) for their generous support of time and resources.