Welcome to the Saint Louis University Center for Service and Community Engagement, your home for becoming connected to the community! Here at the CSCE, we can provide you with a multitude of opportunities to:
We connect students, faculty, staff, and alumni to volunteer opportunities in the community,
both locally and globally.
We promote community-based scholarship by supporting campus-wide service-learning efforts and fostering university-community research partnerships.
We encourage personal and social responsibility by transforming volunteers into effective servant leaders and advocates of social justice.
Location: Center for Global Citizenship, Suite 130
3672 West Pine Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
What's Going On Now?
- Applications for the Social Justice and Advocacy Training and Non-Violent Communication Workshop Now Available
If you are interested in social justice and ways to engage in advocacy, consider participating in either (or both!) of these great opportunities!
- Social Justice and Advocacy Training: For more info on this powerful series designed to provide students the skills and knowledge to lead for justice, click here!
- Non-Violent Communication Workshop: New to SLU, this weekend retreat will give students a chance to learn more about themselves, how to interact with divserse sets of people, and how to engage on divisive topics. Click here for more info!
- 2015-2016 Community Service FWS Jobs Now Available!
If you are a federal work study eligible student, consider applying for one of several Community Service FWS jobs! This unique program allows students to earn their FWS dollars while contributing to the good of the community. Pay rate is $10 per hour. To see a listing of jobs, either visit Handshake and search under "Off-Campus Federal Work Study Community Service", or see a listing of job previews here.
For more information on the Community Service FWS program at SLU, and to enroll, visit our website!
- Making A Difference in North St. Louis Poster Symposium
Students, Faculty, Staff, and Community Partners are invited to submit an abstract for the "Making a Difference in North St. Louis" Poster Symposium. Abstracts are due by October 19. The symposium is happening on November 10 from 4-6pm at Cardinal Ritter High School. More details, including abstract submission requirements, can be found here.