The Human Resources Information Systems Office of Saint Louis University, consistent with the University's mission as a Catholic Jesuit institution, is responsible for managing HR Banner.
The HR Banner system serves two functions:
- Administrative servicing of personnel, payroll, and budgetary requirements, including legal and financial obligations
- Developing management information reports used to track, analyze, and diagnose issues dealing with human resources of the University
The information in this system is managed in a way that respects the privacy and confidentiality of the data maintained for each employee. The HRIS department is also responsible for the training of all employees who have access to the data base.
All employees of Saint Louis University are represented in the HR Banner system. Records for employees, current or past, who have been employed since the implementation of the previously used Human Resources System (HRS) in1989, are maintained. A formal security system is in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of employee data by preventing access to users without a need for the information.
The HR Banner module consists of a data base which includes employee/employer information relating to the University's work force and its organizational structure. Information includes pay data, job characteristics; vacation/sick leave rates and accruals, benefit/deduction data, human resource budgets, and federal, state and local required records.
The HR Banner module is primarily used for monitoring and updating payroll and human resource records. HR Banner serves as a management information tool and provides pertinent employee demographics for the use of department managers. There are three main areas that utilize HR Banner:
- HRIS: The HRIS office is responsible for the administration of the HR Banner module. This department gathers, monitors, and produces biographical and demographic information on each employee. The HRIS office approves and processes all HR Banner changes and/or special requests.
- Payroll Services: Payroll Services gathers, processes, monitors, and provides information to produce an employee payroll, in compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations for reporting purposes. This department is also responsible for payroll information in the general ledger.
- Office of Financial Planning and Budget: The Office of Financial Planning and Budget maintains the position control system. This department monitors labor-related expenditures with the budget plan for a given fiscal year.
For fast, secure, anytime-anywhere proof of employment or income via the Web or phone, you can visit The Work Number®.
The Work Number service is used when you apply for a loan, need a reference check, lease an apartment or any other instance where proof of employment or income is needed. You benefit from having control of the process - by authorizing others access to your information.
- The Work Number instructions for SLU employees
- The Work Number instructions for verifiers
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Form (PSLF)
The borrower will complete sections 1 and 2 of the PSLF form and email it to email@example.com. Human Resources will complete section 3 and emil the form to the borrower.
Departmental Access Requests
Request access for faculty, staff, and student workers to University-wide systems, including VPN access, network drive access, time approvers, etc. through Human Resources.
After submitting the form, an ITS ticket will be created and the appropriate system administrators will process the request. For HR related systems questions and assistance, see the instruction guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org.