The Paul C. Reinert, S.J. Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (formerly the Reinert Center for Teaching Excellence) is Saint Louis University’s teaching center. We serve all SLU faculty members, graduate students, academic leaders, and others who design and facilitate formal learning experiences for SLU students. We provide instructional and curriculum development programs and services, for individual instructors and for academic programs and departments.
The Reinert Center envisions Saint Louis University as a transformative learning community where all teachers and learners have access to meaningful, equitable, and engaging learning experiences.
The mission of the Reinert Center is to develop, encourage, and sustain Saint Louis University faculty, graduate students, and academic units as they create meaningful, inclusive learning experiences that serve the intellectual, spiritual, and socio-cultural needs of all learners.
To fulfill this mission, the Center:
- Partners with faculty and graduate students as they seek to find their own direction, meaning, and pedagogical style in the context of Jesuit educational traditions
- Partners with academic units as they seek to (re)design curricula and promote evidence-based practices in the context of Jesuit educational traditions
- Fosters communities of scholars across all career stages
- Provides leadership on educational initiatives at the University
- Promotes effective and accessible design for physical and virtual learning spaces
- Advances Ignatian, reflective, and evidence-based approaches to teaching, curriculum design, and the integration of technology into teaching