Julia Henderson-Kalb, OTD, OTR/L
Assistant Professor; Program Director
Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD), Saint Louis University
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Administration and Services, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, Saint Louis University
- Coordinating a multi-disciplinary team that trains healthcare students in providing free and holistic screenings for aging adults at a monthly geriatric assessment clinic that is supported by an HRSA Grant through the Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program.
- Research areas include the use of student reflection as a transformative process in OT education and incorporating occupational justice into traditional OT practice settings.
- Prior clinical/research areas of interest include multidisciplinary teamwork at SLU's ALS Clinic as well as Cognitive Stimulation Therapy as a non-medicinal tool for persons with mild to moderate dementia.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Missouri Occupational Therapy Association
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association