Saint Louis University is a premier employer in the St. Louis region that attracts faculty and staff from around the world. We recruit people of all faiths who share our mission to pursue truth for the greater glory of God and the service of others.
We have high standards for our students — and for those who work here. In exchange, SLU offers an unparalleled employment experience.
For SLUCare academic practice opportunities, please submit your application using the following links:
- For physicians or advanced practice providers: https://www.joinssmhealth.com/slucare/ (SLU School of Medicine clinical faculty)
- For staff clinical or administrative positions: https://jobs.ssmhealth.com
Why Work for Saint Louis University?
Hear from current employees on why they enjoy working for Saint Louis University.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SLU's comprehensive benefits package offers medical, vision and dental options; annuity and retirement plans; and long-term disability.
- Health care benefits start on your first day. A subsidy rate is available to employees under a certain income threshold.
- Saint Louis University's retirement plan is fully vested with an employer match at market. Plus, SLU has a “once in, always in rule” for its retirement match. Employees who start at SLU and become match-eligible in a full-time role continue to be eligible for that match should they transition to a part-time or adjunct position, or if they leave and later return to the University.
Tuition benefits at Saint Louis University include tuition remission for fulltime employees and their children after three years of service. Coming directly from another university? Your years of service count for dependent tuition. Plus, working with TIAA and Savi, your employment at SLU may also qualify you for federal loan forgiveness.
Wellness programs at SLU are dedicated to ensuring work/life balance.
- SLU offers benefits including greater than market sick time, parental leave and sick caregiver leave
- A partnership with Care.com offers additional work/life discounts.
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers access to wellness/mental health resources and more.
Professional and personal development options at SLU include online and instructor-led learning and growth opportunities.
A Culture of Longevity
SLU's workplace climate is community driven with a long average employee tenure. Follow our talent acquisition team on Twitter @SLU_jobsSTL for behind-the-scenes insights and more information about our benefits and perks.
SLU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact us at 314-977-5847.