Saint Louis University Career Services
Saint Louis University Career Services is here to help you begin a process of self-exploration that can help you better make decisions about majors and careers. We are committed to delivering excellent career counseling and content, including our podcast, related to your professional and vocational development.
Mission Statement: We facilitate career related interactions to prepare Saint Louis University students and alumni for life-long success.
Vision Statement: Assist all Saint Louis University students in discovering their higher purpose for the greater good.
Career counselors are available for virtual appointments covering any career-related topic (mock interviews, resume and cover letter review, career counseling, career planning, job or internship search, and much more).
Make a Career Counseling/One-on-One Appointment
Current students should schedule an appointment on EAB Navigate and add the below information to the comment section of your appointment. Alumni should email email@example.com the below information.
Select your appointment delivery method and have the information associated:
- Phone Appointment: Provide the 10 digit phone number you will be using. When necessary, phone appointments will be conducted via Zoom, but students can call in using their cell phone or landline.
- Zoom Meeting (voice or video): The career counselor will email you with a link to the Zoom meeting.
- Google Hangout (voice or video): Provide your Gmail email address.
For appointments covering document review, please email your documents to the career counselor prior to meeting.
Career counselors are available to assist you in your plans for the future, and all of the steps along the way. Schedule an appointment on EAB Navigate to meet with a career counselor six to 12 months prior to graduation to create your plan of action:
- Develop a resume and cover letter
- Create a job search plan
- Participate in a mock interview
- Learn salary negotiation skills and other job search techniques
- Gain experience networking with employers
You can also learn how to access reciprocal career services available from other colleges and universities located in parts of the country where you are interested in finding a job.
Career counselors are available to help you as you search to gain experience through internships. Schedule an appointment on EAB Navigate with a career counselor to help you:
- Discuss an experience that fits with your career goals
- Develop a resume and cover letter
- Learn how to conduct an effective search for available internships
- Learn about the interviewing process and participate in a mock interview
Career Services staff will review resumes, cover letters, and other professional documents virtually. Feedback might take up to 72 business hours. Receive feedback through any of these options:
- Upload your document to Handshake and receive feedback via Handshake message and document review status updates.
- Schedule a virtual appointment and receive live feedback from a career counselor.
- Attend virtual drop-ins.
Make a Resume and Cover Letter Review Appointment
Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will email feedback.
Career assessments can help you learn about yourself so that you can make more informed career decisions. The results of your assessment will not make the decision for you or tell you what career is right for you but can provide additional guidance. All assessments will be interpreted by your career counselor based on your individual situation.
SLU Career Services offers the following assessments:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): This personality assessment can help you understand your individual personality type and can point you in some possible career directions.
- Strong Interest Survey: This assessment can help you identify interest areas to see how they align with individuals working in various career fields.
- StrengthsQuest: This assessment can help you discover, understand and maximize your strengths.
Learn More About Career Assessments
Call our office at 314-977-2828 if you are interested in taking an assessment. An appointment is required.
Featured Major and Career Resources
Freshman Year Through Graduation & Beyond
Drop in to SLU's Career Lab from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. (CT) Monday through Friday for career search assistance
Many presentations are recorded and accessible on Career Services' YouTube Channel