Options for Getting and Staying Fit
The Simon Rec Center has now reopened all areas, spaces and amenities throughout the facility. Summer hours are in effect through Saturday, August 14, 2021.
How We're Creating a Safe Environment for our Staff and Members
- Heightened cleaning and disinfecting on touch points/surfaces
- Extra hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- Extra Gym-Wipe containers throughout the facility
- Plexiglass at service desks
- South entrance doors are now member access only; you must tap your SLU ID to unlock the doors.
Our Expectations of Members
- Complete #CampusClear symptom check before entering the Simon Rec Center (until August 17, 2021)
- Stay home if you're not feeling well
- Wash hands frequently
- Sanitize hands immediately before and after using any pull-up equipment
- Wipe down/disinfect equipment before AND after use
Please check back here or follow our social media accounts (@SLUrecandwellness) for the latest updates.
About Campus Recreation and Wellness
Our Jesuit tradition calls for us to develop the whole person – mind, spirit and body.
So swim laps at Simon Recreation Center. Jog the full-size outdoor track at the Medical Center. Or toss a disc with the Ultimate Frisbee club. There are plenty of opportunities to keep active at Saint Louis University.
From club sports to spinning classes, SLU provides quality recreational opportunities that aid and encourage a healthy lifestyle, and contribute to your overall well-being. Participation in these activities can:
- Develop team-building and leadership skills
- Improve happiness and self-confidence
- Build character and community
- Reduce stress
SLU Recreation By the Numbers
Group fitness classes each week
Visits to the Simon Rec Center in 2017
Indoor pool lap lanes