Options for Getting and Staying Fit
The Simon Recreation Center has reopened.
Facilities and amenities will be reduced to keep everyone safe. Please review the list below of what will be open vs. what will be closed during this initial reopening period.
- Upper and lower level fitness spaces
- Indoor pool (limited hours)
- Hot tub
- Main and lower level locker rooms (restrooms, lockers, and showers)
- Indoor track
- Gym courts (limited participation and activities are permitted. Visit our online portal to see a list of approved activities and/or to reserve court space; limited to two people per half court)
- Racquetball/handball courts (limited to one person per court)
- Squash Court (limited to one person per court)
- MPR1 and Mind Body Room (limited capacity)
- Day-use lockers (must provide your own lock) and rentable lockers
- Towel service (we will have towels available, but it is still recommended that you provide your own if possible)
- Equipment check-out (limited sporting equipment is available to borrow out on the courts; please disinfect before and after use)
- SLUruba outdoor pools and sand volleyball court
- Multipurpose rooms/studios (MPR2, spinning room, main level classroom and upper level dance studio)
- Bouldering wall
- Lounge areas throughout the facility
- Drinking fountains (only water bottle fillers will be available)
- No guest passes at this time
- No facility reservations at this time
Current Simon Rec Center Hours
How We're Creating a Safe Environment for our Staff and Members
- Staff will wear masks at all times and gloves while cleaning
- Heighten cleaning and disinfecting on touch points/surfaces
- Maintaining a minimum 6' of physical distance between everyone
- Spacing cardio/strength equipment out
- Extra hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- Extra Gym-Wipe containers throughout the facility
- Plexiglass at service desks
- South entrance doors are now member access only; you must tap your SLU ID to unlock the doors.
What we Expect From our Members
- Complete #CampusClear symptom check before entering the Simon Rec Center
- Stay home if you're not feeling well
- Wash hands frequently
- Wear your masks at all times (aside from swimming/showering)
- Do not touch your face
- Maintain 6' of physical distance
- Sanitize hands immediately before and after using any pull-up equipment
- Wipe down/disinfect equipment before AND after use
- Bring your own water bottle/yoga mat/lock/towel
- Come in your workout attire to limit time spent in locker rooms
- Limit the amount of personal belongings you bring with you
Please check back here or follow our social media accounts (@SLUrecandwellness) for the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Following St. Louis City and University Health Guidelines, all individuals are required to wear a mask at all times (excluding swimming and showering or those unable to wear a mask for medical reasons). For more details on these policies, please visit the follow sites:
Yes. Please reach out to our Member Services Coordinator, Samantha McLeod (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly so she can assure your membership account is handled correctly and kept frozen until you choose to return.
All memberships have been extended for the duration of the closure.
For SLU Faculty and Staff Members utilizing Payroll Deduction, all deductions were stopped in March, but will resume in September unless a request to cancel is given. Please refer to membership email sent out by our Member Services Coordinator or reach out to her directly to discuss all options/ensure cancellation.
Yes! We will be offering a mix of in-person and virtual options. Please visit shopcampusrec.slu.edu to see available options & to register. All classes will be free of charge.
All unused personal training sessions were frozen. Once operations resume, our personal trainers will begin working with clients again if the client/trainer is comfortable coming back.
At this time, traditional Intramural Sports will not take place.We will be looking into options for competition that can be done safely and within health official guidelines.
For specific questions regarding Club Sport practices and reservation spaces, please reach out to email@example.com
Please visit the link below for the most up to date information on SLU’s Fall safeguards.
About Campus Recreation and Wellness
Our Jesuit tradition calls for us to develop the whole person – mind, spirit and body.
So swim laps at Simon Recreation Center. Jog the full-size outdoor track at the Medical Center. Or toss a disc with the Ultimate Frisbee club. There are plenty of opportunities to keep active at Saint Louis University.
From club sports to spinning classes, SLU provides quality recreational opportunities that aid and encourage a healthy lifestyle, and contribute to your overall well-being. Participation in these activities can:
- Develop team-building and leadership skills
- Improve happiness and self-confidence
- Build character and community
- Reduce stress
SLU Recreation By the Numbers
Group fitness classes each week
Visits to the Simon Rec Center in 2017
Indoor pool lap lanes