Oluwatoyosi (Olu) Owoeye, BPT, M.S., Ph.D.
Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary (Canada)
- Doctor of Philosophy, College of Medicine, University of Lagos (Nigeria)
- Master of Science, University of Lagos (Nigeria)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of Ibadan (Nigeria)
Dr. Owoeye’s research focuses on the generation and implementation of knowledge that informs the prevention of sport-related injuries and consequences in youth and young adults. Specifically, his research aims at developing strategies for preventing common acute and overuse injuries, secondary prevention of post-traumatic ankle osteoarthritis, dissemination and implementation research relating to how sports, exercise and rehabilitation medicine evidence are best translated into practice. He directs the Translational Sports Injury Prevention (TIP) Lab within the Physical Therapy and Athletic Training Department.
Publications and Media Placements
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Nigeria Implementation Science Alliance