Oluwatoyosi (Olu) Owoeye, BPT, M.S., Ph.D.
Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Sport Injury Prevention Research Centre, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary (Canada)
- Doctor of Philosophy, College of Medicine, University of Lagos (Nigeria)
- Master of Science, University of Lagos (Nigeria)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of Ibadan (Nigeria)
Dr. Owoeye’s research focuses on the generation and implementation of knowledge that informs the prevention of sport-related injuries and consequences in youth and young adults. Specifically, his research aims at developing strategies for preventing common acute and overuse injuries, secondary prevention of post-traumatic ankle osteoarthritis and implementation research relating to how sports, exercise and rehabilitation medicine evidence are best translated into practice. He directs the Athletic Injury Prevention and Health Promotion (P2) Lab within the Physical Therapy and Athletic Training Department.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American College of Sports Medicine
- International Ankle Consortium