Thomas E. Burroughs , Ph.D.
Health Management and Policy & Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Our faculty, staff and students are uniquely poised to transform the health and well-being of the world around us.- Thomas Burroughs, Ph.D.
Introductory Biostatistics, Advanced Biostatistics, Research Methodology, Survey Design and Analysis, Regression Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Quality Improvement Methods and Tools, Physician Executive Leadership Course, Statistical Process Control Methodology and Patient Satisfaction Measurement and Improvement Cycle
- Ph.D., psychology, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.S., mathematical statistics, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- M.A., social psychology and health psychology, Washington University in St. Louis
Diabetes Care, Delivery and Outcomes, Healthcare Quality, Predictive Analytics, Health Policy
Publications and Media Placements
- Mohammed KA, Hinyard L, Schoen MW, Geneus CJ, Armbrecht ES, Buckhold FR, Burroughs TE. Description of venous thromboembolism in hospitalized patients with metastatic cancer: a national sample. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network 16 (2), 136–143.
- Mohammed KA, Subramaniam DS, Geneus CJ, Henderson ER, Dean CA, Subramaniam DP, Burroughs TE. Rural-urban differences in human papillomavirus knowledge and awareness among US adults. Preventive medicine 109, 39–43.
- Bierig SM, Arnold A, Einbinder LC, Armbrecht E, Burroughs TE. Cardiovascular Ultrasound Combined With Non-invasive Screening for the Detection of Undiagnosed Cardiovascular Disease: A Literature Review. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography 34 (3), 197–206.
- Boakye EA, Buchanan PM, Hinyard L, Osazuwa-Peters N, Simpson M, Burroughs TE. Differences in Risks of Synchronous and Metachronous Second Primary Cancers Among Head and Neck Cancer Patients. Value in Health 21, S140.
- Mohammed KA, Schoen MW, Osazuwa-Peters N, Al-Taee AM, Ljmeozer GW, Arnold LD, Hinyard L, Burroughs TE. Prevalence and correlates of perceived harmfulness and addictiveness to traditional and alternative tobacco products among US adults. Cancer Research 78 (13 Supplement), 5279–5279.
- Mohammed KA, Schoen MW, Osazuwa-Peters N, Subramaniam DS, Arnold LD, Hinyard L, Burroughs TE. Hookah pipe awareness and perceived harmfulness: Prevalence, correlates, and association with smoking cessation outcomes. Cancer Research 78 (13 Supplement), 4244–4244.
- Boakye EA, Simpson M, Rohde R, Anderson L, Tobo BB, Burroughs TE, Osazuwa-Peters N. Anal cancer survivorship: Clinical and nonclinical factors. Cancer Research 78 (13 Supplement), 4253–4253.
- Boakye EA, Osazuwa-Peters N, Pham V, Tobo BB, Simpson MC, Burroughs TE, Buchahan P. Effect of physicians' recommendation on the perceived effectiveness of the HPV vaccine in preventing cervical cancer. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION 27 (7), 188–189.
- Moulin TA, Boakye EA, Wirth LS, Chen J, Burroughs TE, Vollman DE. Yearly treatment patterns for patients with recently diagnosed diabetic macular edema. Ophthalmology Retina 3 (4), 362–370.
- Boakye EA, Osazuwa-Peters N, Mohammed KA, Challapalli S, Buchanan P, Burroughs TE, Varvares MA. Prevalence and factors associated with diagnosed depression among hospitalized cancer patients with metastatic disease. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology 55 (1), 15–23.
- Bierig SM, Arnold A, Einbinder LC, Armbrecht EA, Burroughs TE. Unrecognized Cardiovascular Abnormalities Detected Through a Community Cardiovascular Screening Program. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography 36 (3), 234–242.
- Munigala S, Subramaniam D, Burroughs TE. Mo1367 CLINICAL PROFILE AND OUTCOMES OF EARLY-ONSET (≤ 50 YEARS) PANCREATIC CANCER: ANALYSIS OF A LARGE NATIONWIDE COHORT. Gastroenterology 158 (6), S–866.
Honors and Awards
- St. Louis Business Journal “40 under 40” Award (2006)
- National Quality Management Award Healthcare Information Systems Society (2000)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Association of Schools and Programs in Public Health (ASPPH)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Academy Health
- American Diabetes Association
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
Community Work and Service
Pianist and Board Member (Staff Parish Relations Committee) – St. Matthew United Methodist Church, Belleville, IL