Kathleen N. Gillespie, Ph.D.
Associate Professor; Health Management and Policy
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Health Economics and Policy; Economic Evaluation; Analytical Methods for Healthcare Managers.
- Ph.D., Economics, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.A., Economics, Washington University in St. Louis
Competency-based education; economic evaluation; health economics; health services utilization.
Publications and Media Placements
- Yarber L, Brownson CA, Jacob RR, Baker EA, Jones E, Baumann C, Deshpande AD, Gillespie
KN, Scharff DP, Brownson RC, “Evaluating a train-the-trainer approach for improving
capacity for evidence-based decision making in public health,” BMC Health Serv Res.
2015 Dec 12;15(1):547
- Evidence Based Public Health, Brownson R, Baker B, Leet T, Gillespie KN, and True WR. London: Oxford University
Press, 2nd edition, 2010. Translated into several languages, including Chinese.
- Lomperis AMT, Gillespie KN, Evashwick C, and Turner J, “A New Approach for Assessing Student Competency Achievement: The SLU MHA Competency-Based Oral Comprehensive Examination,” J Health Administration Education, 2013 Fall;27(4):277-302.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- American Society of Health Economists
- International Health Economics Association