Enbal Shacham, Ph.D., M.Ed.
Associate Dean for Research
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Acting Director of Strategic Initiatives for the Taylor Geospatial Institute
Professor, Behavioral Science and Health Equity
Applied Research Skills: Primary Data Collection; Introduction to Global Health; Community Assessment, Program Planning, and Evaluation; Place and Health
- Ph.D. in Health Behavior, Indiana University
- M.P.E., Washington University in St. Louis
- M.Ed. in Health Promotion and Behavior, Public Health, University of Georgia
- B.A. in Psychology, Rutgers University
Infectious and chronic disease predictive spatial modeling, Community and geospatial health determinants, examining clinical practice to improve health outcomes, intersection of public and private organizations to improve public health; sexual health.
Publications and Media Placements
- Lew, Daphne & Xian, Hong & Loux, Travis & Shacham, Enbal & Scharff, Darcell. (2022). The Longitudinal Impact of Maternal Depression and Neighborhood Social Context on Adolescent Mental Health. Frontiers in Pediatrics. 10. 854418. 10.3389/fped.2022.854418.
- Scroggins, Stephen & Shacham, Enbal. (2020). What a Difference a Drink Makes: Determining Associations Between Alcohol-Use Patterns and Condom Utilization Among Adolescents. Alcohol and alcoholism (Oxford, Oxfordshire). 56. 10.1093/alcalc/agaa032.
- Scroggins, Stephen & Ellis, Matthew & Nagendra, Shreya & Shacham, Enbal. (2020). Identifying Risk Inequity Among Same-Sex Households During COVID-19 Mitigation. Annals of LGBTQ Public and Population Health. 1. 282-291. 10.1891/LGBTQ-2020-0043.
- Shacham E, Loux T, Barnidge E K, Pappaterra L. Determinants of Organ Donation Registration.
American Journal of Transplantation. 2018 18(11) 2798-2803.
- Shacham E, Lew D, Xiao T, Lopez J, Trull T, Presti R. (2019) Testing the Feasibility of Using Ecological Momentary Assessment to Collect Real-Time Behavior and Mood to Predict Technology-Measured HIV Medication Adherence. AIDS and Behavior. In press.
- Lopez J, Shacham E, Brown TM. The Impact of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Medical Case Management Program on HIV Management: A Longitudinal Study. AIDS and Behavior. 2018 Sept;22(9) 3091-3099.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Public Health Association
- International AIDS Society
- US Geospatial Intelligence Foundation
Community Work and Service
Dr. Shacham conducts research related to social, behavioral, and geographic determinants of community health. Further, she incorporates the role of public and private organizations and their impact on factors of public health.