Assistant Professor of Practice
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Master of Health Administration program
Health Care Organization; Health Management and Policy Rounds; Internship
- M.H.S.A., Xavier University
- B.S., Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
Differential access to quality rural healthcare; Performance improvement in health care organizations; leadership development
Publications and Media Placements
- Sherry, J.S., Collins, S.K., McKinnies, R.C., Fleege, A.T, Walter, M.L. (2018, July/September). HPV and the Nurse’s Role in Education and Prevention. The Health Care Manager.
- Walter ML (2017, October/December). Closing the Gap: Executives and Students Perceptions of Leadership Characteristics for Healthcare Managers. The Health Care Manager.
- Hopkins SN, Walter ML, Collins SK (2017, July/September). LDM: Exploring the Effectiveness in Reducing Product Returns and Overnight Shipment Occurrences in a Material Management Department. The Health Care Manager.
- McKinnies RC, Collins SK, Sherry JS, Walter ML, & Chamness KM. (2017, April). Perspectives of college students on HPV and its causation to cancer: Are they misinformed? Advances in Breast Cancer Research.
Honors and Awards
- School of Allied Health’s Teacher of the Year, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale - 2016-2017
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Medical Group Management Association
Community Work and Service
Board Member of Mid-America Healthcare Executives Forum a local chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)