July 21 - 26, 2024
The School of Science and Engineering STEM Immersion Camp is designed to provide underrepresented students an understanding of STEM fields and education opportunities, practical college readiness information (including application and financial aid information), and opportunities to engage with industry leaders and role models to learn about various STEM career paths.
The camp is designed specifically for students seeking to learn more about opportunities in STEM and college readiness.
This is a six-day, five-night residential camp for students in the St. Louis area.
More details can be found below. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rising high school juniors and seniors who currently have a 2.5 GPA or higher are eligible. Students must live within a 50-mile radius of St. Louis. This camp was designed to encourage underrepresented high school students from diverse backgrounds to pursue STEM careers.
- December 2023: Applications Open
- March 22: Applications Due
- April: Notification for acceptance
- May 17: All forms due to finalize registration
- July 21: Camp Check In
- July 26: Lunch for students and invited guests begins at 11:30 a.m. with a short program during the meal. Check-out begins at 12:30 p.m. Participants are asked to stay for lunch and a presentation on the last day.
- Daily hands-on activities and presentations from SLU's STEM academic departments, including aviation, engineering and science programs
- Exploration of college student resources, the college application and college readiness
- Mentorship from current SLU students
- Field trips to industry partners for career exploration
- Professional career panel and current SLU student panel