Saint Louis University's School of Social Work provides students an academic experience rooted in research, real-world experience and a focus on humanity.
Built upon an unwavering commitment to social justice, SLU's School of Social Work is a leader in integrating practice and education with faculty members who have made substantial contributions to the profession. Interactive teaching methods integrate community‐based practice with classroom activities and discussions.
Founded in 1930, the school has since expanded its academic offerings to include programs in applied behavior analysis, urban planning and development, and criminology and criminal justice while maintaining its highly-ranked social work programs.
- SLU's Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program is ranked nationally in the top 20% of social work programs.
- SLU's Master of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice (M.A.C.C.J.) program uniquely focuses on the humanity of those involved in and impacted by crime and violence and provides students the opportunity to serve in the St. Louis community.
- SLU's Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis (M.S.A.B.A.) graduates have a Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination pass rate of 87%, significantly higher than the national average.
- Our programs have formed partnerships with a wide variety of agencies and organizations all over St. Louis City and St. Louis County to provide students with diverse options for their internship and/or externship experiences.
- Many of our programs offer accelerated options, honors courses and minors.
Investing in Your Future
Saint Louis University recently reduced this program's tuition through a major strategic investment to increase the number of individuals committed to enhancing healthy communities. Through our social work, criminal justice and applied behavior analysis programs, the School of Social Work is committed to furthering this mission. We now offer packaged pricing where there are no additional fees, and your tuition is locked in for the duration of your program. Our new flat-rate tuition pricing is:
- $48,000 for those pursuing an M.S.W. who have an undergraduate degree in something other than social work (Foundational M.S.W.).
- $30,000 for those pursuing an M.S.W. with a Bachelor of Science in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited undergraduate program and who earned a B or better in their social work courses. (Advanced Standing).
- $39,000 for those pursuing our M.S.A.B.A. program.
- $33,000 for those pursuing our M.A.C.C.J. program.
100% of new graduate students beginning in 2023 will receive scholarship support thanks to our generous alumni and benefactors. You may also qualify for federal graduate student loans and apply for assistantship and fellowship opportunities. Plus, incoming students receive one semester of paid practicum experience while fulfilling course requirements.