Shannon Cooper-Sadlo, Ph.D., M.S.W., LCSW
Associate Clinical Professor; Social Work
School of Social Work
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Family Therapy; Clinical Practice with Families, Individuals and Couples; Approaches to Trauma
- Ph.D. in Family Therapy, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 2015
- M.S.W., University of Denver, 1996
- B.S.S.W., Saint Louis University, 1993
Clinical practice;Substance Use Disorders; Mental Health; Community Mental Health; Marriage and Family Therapy
Justice Involved Women and their families; Community Mental Health; Substance Use Disorders
Publications and Media Placements
- Chou, J., Diamond, R., Muruthi, B., Cooper-Sadlo, S., Ibrahim, M., & Hillier S. & Aponte, J. An application of Ecostructural family therapy for maternal substance use: A Pilot Study [Accepted]
- Mancini, M.A. & Cooper-Sadlo, Shannon (2020). Dialectical behavior therapy for the treatment of borderline personality disorder. In, N. Coady & P. Lehman (Eds) Theoretical Perspectives for Direct Social Work Practice (4th Edition). New York, NY: Springer Press.
- Mancini, M.A., Maynard, B., & Cooper-Sadlo, S. (2019). Implementation of an Integrated Behavioral Health Specialization Serving Children and Youth: Processes and Outcomes, Journal of Social Work Education. DOI: 10.1080/10437797.2019.1661905
- Chou, J., Cooper-Sadlo, S., Diamond,R., Muruthi, B., & Beeler-Stinn, S .(2019). An Exploration of mothers’ successful completion of residential substance use treatment. Family Process.
- Mancini, M.A., Maynard, B., Cooper-Sadlo, S. (2019). Implementation of an Integrated Behavioral Health Specialization Serving Children and Youth: Processes and Outcomes. Journal of Social Work Education.
- Cooper-Sadlo, S., Mancini, M., Meyer, D., & Chou, J. (2018). Mothers talk back: Exploring the experiences of formerly incarcerated mothers. Contemporary Family Therapy. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10591-018-9473-y
- Chou J; Cooper-Sadlo S; Jos A 2016 Encyclopedia of couple and family therapyCooper-Sadlo, S., & Chou, J. (2017). AA. In J. Lebow, A. Chambers, & D. Breulin (Eds.), Encyclopedia of couple and family therapy. : Springer Publishing International. 201702071255301889275074201702071255301889275074
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Professor of the Year 2017-2019, BSSW Program
- Outstanding Professor of the Year 2017, MSW Program
- Kappa Alpha Theta Outstanding Professor, 2016