Assessment at Saint Louis University — Madrid involves an ongoing process of measuring attainment of student learning outcomes (SLOs) by:
- collecting information about SLOs at the individual, program and degree levels
- extracting information about SLO attainment through multiple types of evidence (exams, papers, portfolios, reports, interviews, etc.)
- evaluating the impact of instruction, resources and activities on SLOs
- making the necessary adjustments based on the above information
SLU-Madrid is committed to excellent and innovative educational practices. In order to maintain quality academic offerings and to conform to relevant accreditation requirements, we regularly assess our teaching, services and programs for evidence of student learning outcomes achievement. For this purpose we keep on file representative examples of student work from all courses and programs such as: assignments, papers, exams, portfolios and results from student surveys, focus groups and reflexive exercises.
- SLU-Madrid Assessment Committee 2018 Report
- Senior Exit Survey Summary
- University-wide Undergraduate Student Learning Outcomes
Sulma Farfán Sossa, Ph.D.
San Ignacio Hall, third floor
+34 91 554 58 58, ext.: 212
Sulma completed her Ph.D. in education at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia of Spain. She holds an undergraduate degree in computer science and has completed graduate studies in various fields of education and technology.
Farfán collaborates with Bolivian universities on educational projects and is the founder and president of the International Conference on Technology for Learning and Knowledge in Bolivia (2012 and 2013), for which she has received the Distinguished Guest of La Paz award and special recognition from the Bolivian Association of Scientific Advances. Her work has been published in educational journals, at international conferences and in chapters in books on technology and education.
She has worked at SLU-Madrid since 2007 as the faculty technology specialist, helping professors to incorporate technological tools into the teaching and learning process, and providing ongoing technology training for faculty and staff.