Getting matched with a college roommate or roommates can be one of the most stressful — and fun — parts of going away to school. Should you live with someone you already know? In a double or a quad? In a big residence hall or a smaller dorm?
Even if you've never lived with another person before, you have the potential to be a great roommate and make some lifelong friends, as long as you keep some roommate rules in mind. Be ready to avoid dorm room drama and take our college roommate quiz.
MORE QUIZZES AND CHECKLISTS
- 10th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- 11th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- 12th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- Checklist: What to Bring to College — and What to Leave at Home
- College Activities Quiz
- College Majors Quiz
- International Student Checklist: A To-Do List for Students From Outside the U.S.
- Roommate Readiness Quiz