Getting matched with a college roommate or roommates can be one of the most stressful — and fun — parts of going away to school. Should you live with someone you already know? In a double or a quad? In a big residence hall or a smaller dorm?
Even if you've never lived with another person before, you have the potential to be a great roommate and make some lifelong friends, as long as you keep some roommate rules in mind. Be ready to avoid dorm room drama and take our college roommate quiz.
- 10th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- 11th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- 12th Grade: What You Need to Do to Prepare for College
- Checklist: What to Bring to College — and What to Leave at Home
- College Activities Quiz
- College Majors Quiz
- International Student Checklist: A To-Do List for Students From Outside the U.S.
- Roommate Readiness Quiz