SLU’s master's and certificate programs in education principles and practices provide space for students to think deeply about issues and challenges in education, build knowledge and skill to improve teaching and learning, and work collaboratively for educational and social change.
SLU’s education principles and practices programs are:
- Relevant: Courses focus on interest areas and individual goals, while addressing context-specific challenges in classrooms and schools.
- Practical: Programs provide individuals with the tools necessary to improve in their everyday work with youth, communicate research-based best practices to diverse audiences, and collaborate with local stakeholders to work for change.
- Flexible: Choose from three innovative certificates that can be pursued as part of the master's degree or on their own. Evening courses are available to accommodate a teaching schedule.
Explore Your Options
- M.A. in Education Principles and Practices
- Advanced Literacy Methods, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Deepen your understanding of teaching literacy in a variety of settings.
- Educational Equity, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Gain tools to identify, challenge and disrupt inequitable patterns in schools and communities.
- Inclusive Practice, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Support the socio-emotional, behavioral and mental health needs of young students.
Advance Your Career
Completion of the master’s or a certificate program will support the professional development of current educators and may prepare them for the pursuit of further advanced careers.