Whether you wish to deepen your knowledge of teaching and learning, conduct research that can inform policy and influence students and schools, or prepare to lead in the field of special education, Saint Louis University’s School of Education offers programs that will help you achieve your goals. SLU's doctoral programs are relevant, with a research focus that is informed by students’ work as practitioners in the field of education.
Make a Difference
SLU’s research in educational studies programs will challenge you to:
- Create a more equitable system of education for all students.
- Develop a specialization and conduct research that combines education policy questions with equity frameworks.
- Analyze issues in education from a social justice perspective.
- Address problems of practice in education.
- Conduct rigorous methodological research.
Explore Your Options
Advance Your Career
Earning a doctoral research in educational studies degree prepares professionals for a variety of careers such as:
- Faculty positions in colleges and universities
- Positions in research institutes and organizations
- Researchers at think tanks and foundations
- Directors of research departments in local, state, and federal education agencies
- Curriculum coordinator
- Educational outreach coordinator
- Nonprofit specialist
- Special educator
- Adult educator
Graduate assistantships are available. For priority consideration, applicants should complete their applications by January 15.