The Department of Marketing and Communications develops and protects the corporate image of SLU-Madrid, while promoting the institution's principal values: academic excellence, Jesuit values, the multicultural environment and the cultural offerings and atmosphere of Madrid.
Furthermore, we manage online campaigns across the world, design brochures and other promotional materials, publish on social media platforms and maintain the website. We strive to maintain a corporate image that aligns with the standard of SLU's campus in Missouri across all department projects.
The work of the department focuses on:
- Student recruitment.
- Brand awareness and reputation.
- Effective communication to internal and external audiences.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Ángel García earned an undergraduate degree in graphic design from the Escuela de Artes y Oficios Artísticos de la Comunidad de Madrid. He subsequently pursued several master's degrees and certificates in marketing and design. In 1994 he created his own design firm, Graphic Vision Ltd. His firm has worked with companies such as L'Oreal, Kerastase, Maitours, Edimat Books and even Spain's Guardia Civil. He joined SLU-Madrid's marketing and communication team in 2000.
- Licenciatura degree in Graphic Design, Escuela de Artes y Oficios Artísticos de la Comunidad de Madrid.
- Master's in Community Management, Marketing and Business Institute.
- Certificate in Google Adwords, Marketing and Business Institute.
- Master's in Creation and Development of Digital Multimedia Content, Camilo José Cela University.
- Master's in Online Marketing, Digital Art and Audiovisual Creation, School of Communication, Sound and Image.
Fernando Béjar earned his undergraduate degree in fine arts from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, with a specialization in graphic design. He then continued his studies with a Master's degree in marketing and communication, commercial management, advertising, e-commerce and protocol. After working in events planning for companies including Repsol, Real Madrid C.F., YPF, Garnier, Peugeot and Renault, an editor and web designer for Orange (France Telecom), Wanadoo and Eresmas, and a graphic designer for a printing company, he joined SLU-Madrid's marketing and communication team in 2005.
- Licenciatura degree in Fine Arts (specialized in design), Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Master's in Marketing and Communication, Commercial Management, Advertising, E-Commerce and Protocol, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED).
- Master's in Audiovisual and Interactive Projects, MacSchool.
- Certificate in Social Media and Mobile Marketing, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Certificate in Advanced CSS and Community Manager, Human Development.
- Certificate in Creativity Techniques, Universidad de Cantabria.
- Certificate in Advanced Google Analytics, Google Analytics Academy.
Social Media Content Coordinator
Isaiah Voss was born and raised in the Milwaukee area and studied in Barcelona as a high school exchange student. He has returned to his alma mater as a passionate writer and content enthusiast after graduating from SLU-Madrid with a degree in Spanish. With experience in teaching English as a second language and digital marketing, he enjoys connecting with people from different cultures. Voss is passionate about studying linguistics, helping accommodate those who have recently arrived in Spain, and staying up to speed on current events.
- B.A., Spanish, Saint Louis University — Madrid Campus.
Refer to the Marketing and Communications webpage for detailed information including:
- Downloads and guidelines for the proper use of the University's graphic image.
- Instructions on how to start a project with the help of the Marketing and Communications Department. To request assistance with a design or video project, make changes on the website, or request a photographer to cover an event, fill out the online form.
- The SLU-Madrid Style Guide for writing and usage of University-related terms.
Download the Basic Style Guide