Saint Louis University welcomes students who wish to enrich their university experience by spending a summer, semester or year in the Spanish capital.
Founded more than 50 years ago, Saint Louis University's Madrid Campus has been educating global Billikens since 1967.
Learn More About Studying Abroad at SLU-Madrid
Why Study at SLU-Madrid
Choose from 300+ courses and transfer your credits earned at SLU-Madrid to universities
in the United States seamlessly. Classes are taught in English, but you can challenge
yourself to take Spanish courses and make the most of your time in Madrid.
Our student body hails from more than 65 countries. Your classroom experience will be shared with students from around the world and with diverse interests, allowing you to gain a global understanding of today's most important issues.
Enhance your experience by participating in student-led clubs and organizations, by volunteering in service and community outreach efforts, in taking the stage in fine arts offerings or even discovering new talents. There’s something for everyone.
Current Saint Louis University students from the St. Louis campus who wish to study abroad in Madrid must speak with the Office of International Services and apply through the SLU study abroad program portal.
How It Works
If you're interested in studying at SLU-Madrid, you should first talk with your home university study abroad office to see if there is an existing partnership and to discuss how credits earned at SLU-Madrid can count towards your degree. If so, follow their instructions on how to apply — you may not need to fill out a SLU-Madrid application.
If your university does not have an existing partnership:
- Review our application deadlines and complete any study abroad requirements at your home institution.
- Fill out our application, including the 500-word essay component.
- Request that your home university send your official transcript and study abroad authorization form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep an eye on your inbox for updates. Once admitted to SLU-Madrid, you'll receive an admission email with the link to confirm enrollment, plus other important pre-departure information.
Deadlines for applicants who require a Spanish student visa:
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: Sept. 1
- Summer Sessions: March 1
Deadlines for non-Saint Louis University applicants who don't require a Spanish student visa:
- Fall: Aug. 1
- Spring: Dec. 1
- Summer Sessions: April 15
Your freshman year is likely to be your first time living away from home. Instead of crossing county or state lines, we dare you to cross the pond. For those looking for a unique start to their college career, SLU-Madrid allows you to earn college credit in English while studying in Spain.
How It Works
- Browse the Courses and Syllabi page to see what classes can transfer back to a U.S. university you plan to attend your sophomore year.
- Chat with a current student to learn more about Madrid.
- Join a virtual session hosted by admissions staff to discuss any questions you have.
- Apply as a "first-year student." Note application deadlines!
- Confirm your enrollment.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or at (+34) 91 554 58 58.