Saint Louis University welcomes students who wish to enrich their university experience by spending a summer, semester or year in the Spanish capital at Saint Louis University — Madrid Campus.
Founded more than 50 years ago, SLU's Madrid campus has been educating global Billikens since 1967.
Why Study at SLU-Madrid
Choose from 300+ courses and seamlessly transfer your credits earned at SLU-Madrid
to universities in the United States. Classes are taught in English, but you can challenge
yourself to take Spanish courses and make the most of your time in Madrid.
Our student body hails from more than 65 countries. You will share classrooms with students from around the world and with diverse interests, allowing you to gain a global understanding of today's most important issues.
Enhance your experience by participating in student-led clubs and organizations, volunteering in service and community outreach efforts, taking the stage in fine arts offerings, or even discovering new talents. There's something for everyone.
Current Saint Louis University students from the St. Louis campus who wish to study abroad in Madrid must speak with the Office of International Services and apply through the SLU study abroad program portal.
How It Works
If you're interested in studying at SLU-Madrid, you should first talk with your home university's study abroad office to discuss how credits earned at SLU-Madrid can count towards your degree and to see if there is an existing partnership. If so, follow their instructions on how to apply — you may not need to fill out a SLU-Madrid application.
If your university does not have an existing partnership:
- Review our application deadlines and complete any study abroad requirements at your home institution.
- Check the expiration date on your passport to make sure it will be valid for a minimum of six months after the program end date. If it expires sooner or is already expired, renew your passport now. Important: a valid passport is a requirement to study abroad and to pay your confirmation fee
- Fill out our application, including the 250-word essay component.
- Request that your home university send your official transcript to email@example.com. Your advisor will be sent our study abroad authorization form via email. Their authorization is needed before we review your application.
- Keep an eye on your inbox for updates. Once admitted to SLU-Madrid, you'll receive an admission email with the link to confirm enrollment, plus other important pre-departure information.
Deadlines for non-Saint Louis University applicants who require a Spanish student visa:
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: Sept. 1
- Summer Sessions: March 1
Deadlines for non-Saint Louis University applicants who don't require a Spanish student visa:
- Fall: Aug. 1
- Spring: Dec. 1
- Summer Sessions: April 15
Your freshman year is likely to be your first time living away from home. Instead of crossing county or state lines, we dare you to cross the pond. For those looking for a unique start to their college career, SLU-Madrid allows you to earn college credit in English while studying in Spain.
How It Works
- Browse our Course Descriptions page and search the schedule of classes to see which are offered during your preferred semester(s). To confirm which classes can transfer back to a U.S. university you plan to attend your sophomore year, consult with that university about their degree requirements and course equivalencies.
- Chat with a current student to learn more about Madrid. Our degree-seeking students will be happy to help you discover life as a student in Madrid! (school term only).
- Join a virtual session hosted by admissions staff to discuss any questions you have.
- Check the expiration date on your passport to make sure it will be valid for a minimum of six months after the program end date. If it expires sooner or is already expired, renew your passport now. Important: a valid passport is a requirement to study abroad and to pay your confirmation fee.
- Apply as a "first-year student" via the SLU application portal. Note application deadlines!
- Confirm your enrollment.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (+34) 91 554 58 58.