Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Saint Louis University Header Logo Center

MenuSearch & Directory

Information for Admitted Students

Two students talk over textbook.

I've been admitted. What's next? 

Studying at SLU-Madrid will be a smart decision and an incredible experience. We're thrilled to congratulate you on your admission and welcome you to campus as a Billikeño. You will benefit not only from an outstanding American education but also from immersing yourself in the rich history, language, culture, politics and lifestyle of the vibrant Spanish capital.

Now that you have been notified of your admission, complete these steps. 

Get to Know SLU-Madrid

What can we offer you as a Billikeño? If community, curiosity and service to others are important to you, then SLU-Madrid is the place for you.

Engage with our community. You can visit our urban campus online or in person, connect with us via a virtual information session or schedule a time to chat with one of our current students.

Visit us Virtually

Attend an Information Session

Book a Meeting with a Student Ambassador

Join the SLU-Madrid Admitted Student Community on Raftr 

The SLU-Madrid Raftr community is your hub for discovering campus life, making new friends and meeting current Billikeños on campus. Join us!

You'll receive an individual code from the Office of Admissions. Download the app, enter your code, set up your profile and start exploring!

SLU-Madrid Admitted Student Raftr

The parent(s)/guardian(s) accompanying you on this journey have a sister community. When prompted, they can use the code "SLUFamilies2023".

SLU-Madrid Parent and Guardian Raftr

Submit Your Confirmation Fee

Become a Billiken by accepting the offer to join our student body. The 225 euros non-refundable confirmation fee can be paid via Flywire, a secure online payment system. Simply input your using your Banner ID and date of birth, then submit the fee. We will send you an email once it's been received. 

Pay the Confirmation Fee

If you have been admitted conditionally, you must meet the requirement(s) stipulated in your acceptance letter. 

Remember that you must be a confirmed student to apply for SLU-sponsored housing or register for classes. 

Set up and Become Familiar with Your mySLU Account

MySLU is the University tool that provides access to several services, such as your SLU email account, financial aid information, University learning tools and student records.

In order to start operating with mySLU, you must activate your SLU Net ID and set up multi-factor authentication for your security.  

Step-by-step instructions to validate your Net ID, change your password and operate with mySLU

Access MySLU

Consider Your Housing Options

SLU-Madrid doesn't have a housing requirement, so you are ultimately free to choose.  

SLU-Madrid's recommended housing for new students is with Yugo Residencias. A global leader in managing real estate assets for the student-housing sector, Yugo Residencias will provide a smooth transition to life in Madrid in an international residence-hall experience.  

Although not affiliated with SLU-Madrid, many of our students have chosen this option and have provided us with positive feedback, and the benefits of living with other peers within walking distance to campus fosters community. 

If living in one of Yugo's residence halls interests you, you must apply for and contract your room directly with Yugo. Contracts are typically for 9.5 months of the academic year (September-June), and students arriving in the fall must commit to one school year. There are limited semester-long contracts, and students who enroll in the spring may be able to contract for just one semester. 

Learn About Housing Options

Apply for Your Student Visa

If you do not hold a European passport and you will be in Spain for one semester or more, you must apply for a Spanish student visa at your nearest consulate. Please note that students who do not hold a European Union or U.S. passport will need to make payment for one full semester's tuition in order for SLU-Madrid to issue your student visa documentation. While your consulate is the best source of information, we can get you started on the basics on our Visas for Spain page.

Visas for Spain

Students who have confirmed their attendance are strongly encouraged to bookmark and view prior Visa FAQs Session recordings as part of their preparation for the student visa application.

View Visa FAQs Session Recordings

Register for Classes

Registration begins in late June for fall students (late November for spring students). Your academic adviser will conduct necessary English and math placement exams (if required) and review college-level coursework to help you register for your classes. We also offer transfer credit for classes from other institutions (AP, CLEP, IB Highers). 

Learn About Academic Advising

Learn About Transfer Credit

Fill out Your Arrival Form 

Finally, let us know when you plan to arrive in Madrid.  That way, if there is inclement weather that prohibits you from catching a plane or your visa appointment is close to the arrival date, we'll be sure to get you caught up. You can also read more about our mandatory welcome sessions for incoming students or browse arrival material. Plan your travel according to the housing arrival date if you'll be in SLU-sponsored housing.

Arrival Form