Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Saint Louis University Header Logo Center

Menu Search & Directory

Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your frequently asked questions about Student Life and on-campus activities at Saint Louis University—Madrid.

What if I forget to take my passport on a trip?

SLU-Madrid cannot work in an official capacity to circumvent travel laws. Students have to make sure that they have all of the appropriate travel documents needed and that they are valid throughout the length of the trip. Students should contact their embassy in the country they are visiting in case they are denied travel or their passport is lost or stolen.

United States citizens should note that a U.S. driver's license is not an appropriate form of ID for air travel outside the United States.

What do I do if my wallet is stolen?

Scan your passport (including the visa page) and both sides of your credit cards, and email copies to yourself. Keep the photocopies separate from the originals.

If the originals are stolen, be sure to call the numbers on the backside of your credit cards right away to cancel the accounts. You may call them collect. AT&T's toll free number for collect calls is 900-99-00-11.

Be sure to file a police report (denuncia). You may do this in English by calling 902-102-112 between the hours of 8 a.m. and midnight.

When ask to provide an address of where you will pick up the police report, give them the address to the Chamberí police station, Calle Rafael Calvo, 33.

To replace a passport, you’ll have to contact your country's consulate in Madrid. The U.S. embassy's website is

Is there a lost and found on campus?

Yes. Valuables such as mobile phones, keys and jewelry are often turned in to Student Life. Other articles are kept in the lost-and-found shelf located in the bedeles office in the basement of Padre Rubio Hall.

Can I make a doctor's appointment myself?

Yes, Ruben Borrás, M.D., is an English-speaking general practitioner who accepts Sanitas insurance and collaborates with SLU-Madrid. You can contact him at 91-575-9834 or at

For emergencies and further information, visit the Sanitas website.

Where can I find information on starting a club or booking a room for meetings?

To start a club or make arrangements for a meeting, contact Student Life at

Where can I leave my belongings during the Christmas and summer holidays?

Bluespace is a storage company with private security access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. SLU-Madrid students are eligible to take advantage of a discounted rate. For more information, contact Student Life at

University housing is closed during Christmas break and Easter holidays. Students may be allowed to leave their belongings neatly packed away in their room provided the family has given prior consent.

What do I do in case of sexual assault?

You should not bathe or change clothes before you go to the police.

Call 112 and ask for the police or go to the closest police station (Comisaría) or to the Servicio de Atención a la Mujer (S.A.M.) of the National Police (Policía Nacional) as soon as possible.

Servicio de Atención a la Mujer is located at:

Jefatura Superior de Policía - S.A.M.
Comunidad de Madrid
C/ Dr. Federico Rubio y Galí, 55 - Madrid
Tel. +34 91-322-3555

Afterwards, the police will escort you to the nearest hospital. You may want to ask a trusted friend to accompany you.

You can also contact our counselor who is on-call for emergencies at +34 609-269-323.

Please find more information related to sexual assault here and resources for victims of sexual assault here.

Can Student Life help me plan a weekend trip?

We recommend that you conduct your own research in order to find the most up-to-date information suited to your needs. SLU-Madrid plans weekend and day trips for students.

  • Day trips from Madrid: SLU-Madrid organizes cultural day trips at the beginning of each session exploring the history and culture of Spain. Destinations include Segovia, Toledo, the Monasterio de Piedra and Salamanca. Additional day trips such as ski trips or hikes in the Sierra are also organized throughout the term and announced in the Campus Life News.
  • Weekend trips: Student Life also arranges special trips that take groups of students to Morocco, the Basque Country, Valencia, Avila and Barcelona, among other destinations. These excursions are also announced in the Campus Life News.
  • Faculty-led trips: SLU-Madrid faculty organize trips each semester as an integral, experiential part of the courses they teach. Information about these trips is posted online and the full itineraries are developed by the professor teaching the course. Examples include Rome, Italy (theology); Lanzarote-one of the Canary Islands of Spain (earth science); Stratford-upon-Avon or London, United Kingdom (Shakespeare); and Murcia and Alicante (oceanography).
  • May Intersession (between the spring semester and Summer Session I): Student Life organizes a special excursion along Spain's famous Camino de Santiago.

Email or stop by the Student Life Office in Padre Rubio Hall for more information about any of the optional trips at: