The Saint Louis University Policy Program was created to provide structure and clarity to the review and approval process for policies at the University.
The policy program is guided by the University Policy on Policies. The Office of Compliance and Ethics is dedicated to providing the appropriate guidance to SLU personnel who are working to create or update policies and procedures at the University. The policy process is applicable to University wide policies, although units and departments wishing to follow best practices in policy implementation are welcome to reach out to the chief policy officer for assistance.
Approved policies can be found in PolicyStat.
Policies Currently Under Review
No policies currently under comment review.
Recently Approved Policies
No policies to display.
No current revised policies to display.
No new policies to display.
About the School of Medicine Policy Program
The University policy program provides structure and clarity to the policy approval process. The policy program includes:
- The designation of a policy owner.
- A policy must be sponsored by a Responsible University Official, someone at the Vice-President or Provost level, this will ensure adequate buy-in at the top with new policies.
- Policies must use standard University templates, old policies as they are updated will change to the new format.
- Policies will be moved into PolicyStat, the centralized policy library, found within
University policies will be reviewed and approved by the Policy Review Committee (PRC). After approval, new policies will be posted for a 30-day public feedback period. Following the 30-day feedback period for new policies, they will be reviewed and approved by the University Leadership Council (ULC) before final approval by the president. Updated policies will move straight from the PRC to the ULC.
- The PRC is comprised of individuals with operational knowledge of the University who can advise and provide feedback to the policy owners who present to the committee.
- The PRC meets on the second Thursday of every month at 9 a.m.