David Ferry, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science
CSCI 1060 Introduction to Computer Science: Scientific Programming, CSCI 3250 Compilers,
CSCI 3500 Operating Systems, CSCI 5250 Compilers, CSCI 1060 Introduction to Computer
Science: Scientific Programming, CSCI 3500 Operating Systems
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Washington University in St. Louis
- B.S. in Mathematics/Computer Science, Truman State University
Dr. David Ferry received dual B.S. degrees in mathematics and computer science from
Truman State University in 2010 and enrolled in the graduate program at Washington
University the following semester. David joined the department at Saint Louis University
as an instructor in 2016 and completed the Ph.D. degree in 2018. He is currently an
assistant professor at Saint Louis University with research interests in high-performance
real-time systems, cyber-physical systems engineering, computer systems verification
and validation, and real-time hybrid simulation for validation of engineered structures.
- Parallel Real-Time
- Cyber-Physical Systems
Publications and Media Placements
- Jing Li, David Ferry, Shaurya Ahuja, Kunal Agrawal, Christopher D. Gill, and Chenyang Lu. “Mixed-criticality
federated scheduling for parallel real-time tasks”. In: Real-Time Systems 53.5 (2017), pp. 760–811. doi: 10.1007/s11241-017-9281-8. url: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11241-017-9281-8.
- Jing Li, David Ferry, Shaurya Ahuja, Kunal Agrawal, Christopher D. Gill, and Chenyang Lu. “Mixed-Criticality
Federated Scheduling for Parallel Real-Time Tasks”. In: 2016 IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), Vienna, Austria, April 11-14, 2016. 2016, pp. 173–184. doi: 10.1109/RTAS.2016.7461340. url: https://doi.org/10.1109/RTAS.2016.7461340.
- Jing Li, Zheng Luo, David Ferry, Kunal Agrawal, Christopher D. Gill, and Chenyang Lu. “Global EDF scheduling for
parallel real-time tasks”. In: Real-Time Systems 51.4 (2015), pp. 395–439. doi: 10.1007/s11241-014-9213-9. url: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11241-014-9213-9.
- Abusayeed Saifullah, David Ferry, Jing Li, Kunal Agrawal, Chenyang Lu, and Christopher D. Gill. “Parallel Real-Time
Scheduling of DAGs”. In: IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. 25.12 (2014), pp. 3242–3252. doi: 10.1109/TPDS.2013.2297919. url: https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2013.2297919.
- David Ferry, Gregory Bunting, Amin Maghareh, Arun Prakash, Shirley Dyke, Kunal Agrawal, Christopher
D. Gill, and Chenyang Lu. “Real-time system support for hybrid structural simulation”.
In: 2014 International Conference on Embedded Software, EMSOFT 2014, New Delhi, India, October 12-17, 2014. 2014, 25:1–25:40. doi: 10.1145/2656045.2656067. url: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2656045.2656067.