Erin Wolf Chambers, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science
Department of Mathematics
CSCI 4930 Special Topics: Computational Geometry, CSCI 5150 Computational Geometry,
CSCI 3200 Programming Languages, CSCI 3100 Algorithms, CSCI 3200 Programming Languages,
CSCI 4930 Special Topics: Advanced Data Structures, CSCI 5930 Special Topics: Advanced
Dr. Erin Wolf Chambers is a professor at Saint Louis University in the Department
of Computer Science with a secondary appointment in the Department of Mathematics.
Her research focus is in the field of computational topology and geometry, as well
as combinatorics and combinatorial algorithms. In addition, she has active research
projects and service activities that focus on improving inclusivity in computer science
and mathematics. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2008 and was a visiting research professor at Saarland
University in 2011.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, U. Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- M.S. in Mathematics, U. Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. in Computer Science, U. Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Computational Topology and Geometry
- Computer Science Recruitment and Retention
Publications and Media Placements
- Erin W. Chambers, S?ndor P. Fekete, Hella-Franziska Hoffmann, Dimitri Marinakis, Joseph S. B. Mitchell,
Srinivasan Venkatesh, Ulrike Stege, and Sue Whitesides. “Connecting a set of circles
with minimum sum of radii”. In: Comput. Geom. 68 (2018), pp. 62–76. doi: 10.1016/j.comgeo.2017.06.002. url: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comgeo.2017.06.002.
- Erin W. Chambers, Brittany Terese Fasy, Yusu Wang, and Carola Wenk. “Map-matching using shortest paths”.
In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Interactive and Spatial Computing, IWISC 2018, Richardson, TX, USA, April 12-13, 2018. 2018, pp. 44–51. doi: 10.1145/3191801.3191812. url: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/3191801.3191812.
- Erin W. Chambers, Alejandro Erickson, S?ndor P. Fekete, Jonathan Lenchner, Jeff Sember, S. Venkatesh,
Ulrike Stege, Svetlana Stolpner, Christophe Weibel, and Sue Whitesides. “Connectivity
Graphs of Uncertainty Regions”. In: Algorithmica 78.3 (2017), pp. 990–1019. doi: 10.1007/s00453-016-0191-2. url: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00453-016-0191-2.
- Benjamin Burton, Erin W. Chambers, Marc J. van Kreveld, Wouter Meulemans, Tim Ophelders, and Bettina Speckmann. “Computing
Optimal Homotopies over a Spiked Plane with Polygonal Boundary”. In: 25th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms, ESA 2017, September 4-6, 2017, Vienna, Austria. 2017, 23:1–23:14. doi: 10.4230/LIPIcs.ESA.2017.23. url: https://doi.org/10.4230/LIPIcs.ESA.2017.23.
- Erin W. Chambers, Jeff Erickson, Kyle Fox, and Amir Nayyeri. “Global Minimum Cuts in Surface-Embedded
Graphs”. In: Encyclopedia of Algorithms. 2016, pp. 852–856. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-2864-4“?683. url: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2864-4%5C_683.