Vijai V. Dixit, Ph.D.
Ph.D. 1972 Purdue University,
Associate of Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta (1967).
M. Sc. Physics (1966) I I T Roorkee, India.
Working on problem of entanglement in the context of Dirac equation with Dr. Santhanam and Dr. Thacker.
The manuscript of a text book on Physics of Human Body almost completed.
Publications and Media Placements
Over 30 publications in wide ranging areas of physics in refereed international journals including Physical Review Letters, Physics letters, Modern Physics Letters, Physical Review D, Physical Rev. A, American Journal of Physics, Zeitschrift fur Physik C, Progress in Theoretical Physics, Journal of Optical Society of America, IEEE Solar Energy, Journal of Pure and Applied Ultrasonics, Journal of Physics B, Journal of Materials Science, Astronomy and Astrophysics, College Mathematical Journal, etc.) Also, a regular contributor of Hindi poetry and prose (including popular science topics) to Hindi literary magazines in US and in India. Two poems included in a book on Hindi Poets of America.
Honors and Awards
- Awards/Fellowships: German Academic Exchange Fellow; Fellow of the International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, etc.
- Two Beaumont awards and one Summer Research award from Saint Louis University.
- One Summer Educator Award at Argonne National Laboratory.
- Visitor for 7 summers at the University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Also, Visitor at Fermi Lab, Brookhaven National Lab, Jefferson Lab, Center for Theoretical Studies, Bangalore, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
Community Work and Service
Served for many years as a representative of Hindu and Buddhist religions on the University Interfaith Committee, and faculty advisor to Sangam – the Indian Students Association at SLU.