It’s Not Too Late to Apply: Freshman Application Paths
When it comes to applying to college, it can pay to be early — literally. At Saint Louis University, students are encouraged to apply as soon as you're ready (the freshman application opens Aug. 1 each year) to be automatically considered for many of the scholarships SLU offers.
There are lots of scholarships and financial awards available for first-time freshmen at SLU — more than 10 based on academic merit, talents, service, leadership and financial need alone.
How do I Apply for Admission to SLU?
Saint Louis University offers three application paths for all first-time freshman applicants: Early Decision, Early Action and Regular Decision. Explore the options to see which is the right fit for you.
- Early Decision Application Deadline (binding): Nov. 1
- Early Action Application Deadline (non-binding): Dec. 1
- Regular Decision Application Deadline (non-binding): Preferred by April 1; SLU will continue accepting applications and awarding scholarships while space is available. Please note the application deadline for nursing, flight science, physical therapy, and occupational therapy is Dec. 1, and those majors will be taken off the application for admission as options on Dec. 2.
How Do I Apply For Scholarships at SLU?
Applying for scholarships at SLU is easy. You are eligible for the Billiken, Ignatian, University, Deans' and Vice Presidents' Scholarships just by filling out the University admission application. The Presidential and Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarships require a separate application, but you can complete them from right within SLU's application portal.
Only SLU's Presidential Scholarship — a chance at a four-year, full-tuition award — requires that candidates submit all their materials by Dec. 1. The deadline for the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship is Feb. 1.
Other Important Application Dates for Incoming Freshmen at SLU:
- Oct. 1: FAFSA becomes available
- Feb. 1: Submit your FAFSA for financial aid priority consideration
- May 1: Housing application, contract and enrollment deposit due