As part of a professional learning community, teacher candidates develop into skilled teacher leaders ready to teach in a classroom following graduation from the Saint Louis University School of Education. At SLU, emphasis is placed on innovative teaching methodologies, collaboration, and working with diverse groups of students.
Beginning in fall 2022, all incoming SLU undergraduates — regardless of major, program, college or school — complete the University Core curriculum.
In addition, beginning in fall 2022, undergraduate students in the School of Education began following a newly redesigned curriculum.
For additional information, please contact the School of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore Your Options: Five Education Concentrations
SLU's B.A. in Education offers five concentrations, allowing you to tailor your education to the future teaching option that interests you most.
- Early Childhood Education (Birth to Grade 3)
- Elementary Education (Grades 1 to 6)
- Middle School Education (language arts, mathematics, science, social science) (Grades 5 to 9)
- Secondary Education (English, mathematics, social science) (Grades 9 to 12)
- Special Education for Mild/Moderate Disabilities (Kindergarten to Grade 12)
Why Choose SLU for Your Education Degree?
No matter which program you choose, you can:
- Connect with a mentor. Our education students are closely mentored throughout their program within a supportive environment.
- Get real-life experience in classrooms starting your first year. Participate in a variety of elementary and secondary classroom experiences as early as your first year and through the duration of your program.
- Experience small class sizes. Classes in the School of Education allow you to establish strong connections with both faculty and other students.
Prepare for the Future
As part of a professional learning community, teacher candidates at Saint Louis University develop into skilled teacher leaders ready to teach in a classroom following graduation from the School of Education. Emphasis is placed on innovative teaching methodologies, collaboration and working with diverse groups of students.
SLU's urban location also allows you to work with diverse populations, preparing you to work in whatever classroom environment comes next.