The Institute for STEM Collaboration, Outreach, Research, and Education (iSCORE) fosters scholars’ STEM literacy development and STEM identities.
Creating a STEM-literate Workforce
By 2027, iSCORE will have served 10,000 scholars (PreK-20) and 1,275 elementary, middle and high school teachers as we prepare a STEM-literate workforce, sustain global competitiveness and create a more just society. STEM literacy promotes and fosters in scholars innovative thinking, collaboration, creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
iSCORE provides access and opportunities for scholars, particularly those who have been historically excluded in STEM, including:
- Black, Latinx, Indigenous populations
- The economically disadvantaged
- Girls and women
- Emergent multilinguals
- Scholars with (dis)abilities
- Potential first-generation college scholars
iSCORE engages in high-quality, inquiry-based STEM experiences that:
- Cultivates scholars’ sense of belonging in STEM
- Raises scholars’ awareness of and interest in STEM communities and careers
- Develops scholars’ identities as STEM learners
To transform the STEM community one mind at a time, we serve a community of professional educators through institutes, workshops, and formal and informal collaborations.
We look forward to partnering with you to serve our STEM scholars locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. #YouBelonginSTEM